user profile
Sign in
user profile

Disney products?

by Seller_etzuR2VWGFKtX

Curious about something. I have always been under the impression that Disney keeps tight control of their brand so imagine my surprise when seeing listing ASIN B07DB14CXC. ‘Inspired’ by Disney products. They seem to be overpriced schlock. They even have their own inspired by Disney Minnie Mouse products as well as inspired by Disney Mickey Mouse products. All of which looks like junk when compared with the price.

Anyhow, how in the world did these things manage to get listed on Amazon? Why hasn’t Disney demanded that they are removed? Enquiring minds would like to know! I would think Disney would have at least one employee to monitor Amazon and nothing else.

I know none of you know the total facts, but I would like to hear what the brains here say about this.

Tags: ASIN, Listings, Pricing
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
In reply to: Seller_etzuR2VWGFKtX's post
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_mWZyJunCxCR84

Kawaii is popular in Japanese culture. I believe someone in Japan got a license from Disney to use the Micky and Minnie character on squishies/squeezies. It is not that hard to get a license from Disney. I saw them at a licensing trade show. There are a lot of Disney Squeezies on the market.

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

The products don’t appear to be knock-offs.

In Japan, you can find authentic licensed Disney collaboration products on every corner, from cupcakes to toilet paper. Even AngelicPretty has it’s own kawaii Disney collaboration edition.

It looks like someone just put the name of the edition as the brand instead of Disney.

user profile
Seller_etzuR2VWGFKtX

Thanks for the replies. I have always thought Disney was super strict, because they are in the sewing world. They will produce (or someone does it for them) Disney themed fabric, but only for use in your own home, for your own children to wear, or make for occassional gifts. People caught selling anything made of that fabric would get in big trouble whenever Disney would find them. I assumed anything ‘inspired’ by Disney was asking for trouble.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post