Handmade Community

18655 members
6863 discussions
You are not a member of this group
user profile

Customers asking to return items

by Seller_jOVSZl9XYjknW
in Handmade Community group

I have been receiving some requests to return items with return reason: Item arrived too late
or
Size is not what was expected.

I do not see why I have to accept a return for an item that arrived too late if I shipped the item in the period that I was supposed to.

Size not what expected is another reason I do not see why I have to accept the return, my items have options where the customer inform the size he/she wants. If they inform it wrong this is not my fault.

Is there any place in Handmade that I can put my return policy?

I have been selling in Etsy for almost 8 years and I have never had this volume of returns requests! This is really hard because I am an artisan who works alone and having this amount of returns is really frustrating.

Please advise
Nathalia

Tags: Policy
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_QcJcgjn9q1zh5
In reply to: Seller_jOVSZl9XYjknW's post

Handmade has different rules, and a different forum. I would recommend joining the handmade forum and putting your account on vacation until you figure out how to handle returns for handmade.

user profile
Seller_oEw5wUNHgJxxP
In reply to: Seller_jOVSZl9XYjknW's post

Looking at your profile, I see you are approved for the closed Amazon Handmade forum.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/c/groups/handmade-community

The question would be better asked on that side. Other handmade sellers can guide you through what is and is not returnable.

That said, unless these are engraved or personalized items, you need to follow the Amazon return rules. That would be 30 days from date of delivery this time of year. “arrived to late” is a seller faulted return, they just want you to pay for the return.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post