user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer refused delivery

by Seller_P3cVOJpbkewOl

Hello,
A customer reached out to me stating “Where’s my stuff?” and proceeded to say that she did not receive her item. I tracked the package from USPS and it states that the customer refused the package the day before. She is wanting a refund. My questions are:
Do I refund her the full amount? or can I charge a restocking fee for the item that is not damaged and was a nonreturnable food item?
How and where do I find out if I’m being charged a return shipping fee?
Should I wait till I receive the item back to issue her a refund?
Thanks to anyone who answers

Tags: Customer, Refunds
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN
In reply to: Seller_P3cVOJpbkewOl's post

Tracking should show it coming back, since refused it is still new. Refund and move on.

user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S

YES but not until you receive the returned package.
As of Sept 30 2020 you are no longer allowed to charge a restocking fee if the item is returned in the same condition as shipped.
If the buyer paid shipping when they made the purchase you can deduct that amount. (if sold with free shipping then nothing to withhold)
If this was shipped by USPS there will be no return postage charge.
If you used a different carrier (UPS, FedEx, et…) that does charge for the return you can also withhold that amount.

user profile
Seller_uXK39wjFg3cOe

" Dear McCustomer,
As can be seen on the USPS Tracking website, the package is marked as Delivery was refused, yesterday.
Please call or visit your local Post Office today, with tracking number xxx-xxx-xxx, to pick up the item or arrange for re-delivery if there was an error.
The order will be refunded upon return if the item is not redelivered.

Thank You,
Smelly Sardine Cans Inc.

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

With refused items, Refund in full minus the outward shipping. BUT, do not refund ahead of time. Wait until it arrives. We have had many Amazon scammers actually accept the parcel, very carefully open the parcel, switch out the new item with their old, seal it back up very well, and drop it in a local postal box. We give them no refund.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post