user profile
Sign in
user profile

Crowdfunding fulfillment

by Seller_w75Yl0tdeVqwZ

I want to ship all my inventory to Amazon to eventually do FBA, but part of that inventory will be fulfillment from a crowdfunding campaign. Obviously on those orders I don’t want to pay the sales commission, but am curious how that all would work mechanically and then how easy is that fulfillment process? Is there a spreadsheet we could populate with all the addresses, or do you have to type them one at a time, etc?

Secondly, I’ve not used Amazon before as a seller. What address do we ship inventory to, and will Amazon know to link it to my seller account once received? I imagine I’d set up the inventory/SKU in the seller services first - but it makes me nervous to send inventory without somebody expecting it to arrive.

Tags: Inventory, Missing
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
In reply to: Seller_w75Yl0tdeVqwZ's post

Someone else will be along who can give you a better answer – I don’t use FBA.

But no, you don’t just send stuff off. You create a shipping plan and then Amazon lets you know where to send what.

And things need to be labelled with an FNSKU.

user profile
Seller_la6yWqhB9Jzwb

Read and watch everything on FBA on Seller University. Your questions require long detailed answers, and you require a lot of basic FBA experience before you even consider what you’re looking to do.

user profile
Seller_dp2cObxpF6wfX

What you are describing is Amazon’s Multi-Channel Fulfillment network. In order to use FBA you must also sell your items on Amazon. You will need to label each item with FNSKUs. Price per item for standard 7 day shipping (and it will take 7 days) starts around $7 PER ITEM. So if you have two items to ship that is $14 for shipping right there.

I would not recommend FBA for you. There are plenty of other fulfillment networks that you can work with that will be cheaper and MUCH easier to interact with.

user profile
Seller_i3DcETKK41A76

First, to ship inventory that is with Amazon to buyers/customers that are not purchasing through Amazon, you will use the Multi-Channel Fulfillment service. This allows you to submit orders direct to Amazon and have them ship to the addresses you provide. You can do individual, bulk upload or even through an API calls to submit these. The Submit or cancel a Multi-Channel Fulfillment order help page details all MCF options.

There are fulfillment fees based on size tiers. I will refer you to the Fulfillment fees for Multi-Channel Fulfillment orders help page that will allow you to learn what the fees will be should you choose to go this route.

Second, with respect to getting your inventory to Amazon, I echo what @aerides says. You need to learn how FBA shipping works. You will add product to your account, set it to FBA as the fulfillment method. You then create a shipping plan to tell Amazon what you are shipping to them, you will label your units and then ship to where Amazon tells you to ship to. Please, go to Seller University to learn how that works.

I also agree with @kevC12 that there are lower cost fulfillment networks out there.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post