Crossed Out List price not showing anymore, only Sales price

Most of my listings are showing crossed out list prices and sales price as I intended, but suddenly 2 listings are not showing the list price anymore, only the sales price. The dates of the sale doesn’t end until next year, so that’s not the problem. Under the Manufactuer recommended retail price, the list price is there also. These are my own private label products, brand registered with Amazon. I see other sellers, with the same product only with their own brand, all showing crossed out prices.

I contacted support and got the following:

"I’ve had a look at the ASINs you’ve provided and there are values for list price, but to comply with Amazon rules, the list price has not been displayed.

We regularly check List Prices shown on our site against prices recently found on Amazon and other retailers’ sites. If a List Price you provided for your product is not appearing on the site, it may be because we were unable to find recent examples of the product offered at that price. There are also some categories, including Grocery and Music, where we do not display a List Price for any product."

I replied back explaining that I was the only seller, have the buy box, private label etc, and no other retailer site has the item. I also mentioned about the other sellers who were selling longer than I am, and their listings show crossed out list prices. But get another vague unsatisfactory answer…

" I understand any frustration about this issue. However, our system is functioning as intended and there is no technical issue at hand that needs to be addressed. I am unaware that length of time a Seller has been with us is a contributing factor but it is a complex system that takes many things into consideration. We welcome your feedback, especially in instances like this where a system is functioning properly but is not creating a good Seller experience. If you would like to leave feedback formally, you can do so by following the steps outlined below:

1. Click on the Help link in the upper right hand corner of Seller Central.
  2. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the pop-up search box.
  3. Click on Selling on Amazon.
  4. Click on Other issues.
  5. Click on Make a suggestion.
  6. Enter your suggestion in the text box and fill out any other information needed.
  7. Click on Send.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Ultimately, there is not a way I can reach out to our technical team and have them alter the Detail Page as everything is working as intended."

Has anyone else had this problem? I imagine it will affect sales for me slightly, as it showed the buyer they were getting a good deal. What should I do? Dealing with support, it can depend on who you talk to and get different answers for the same question.

I seem to recall some government officials concerned about fake list prices, prices that exist solely to make the user think they’re getting a deal. That’s why I think the key phrase is “we were unable to find recent examples of the product offered at that price.” If you want the list price to show, perhaps you should remove your sale price for a while? That’s just a guess.

It seems that Amazon thinks the system is working as designed. If you’re the only seller, then the list price you want to set doesn’t mean anything to the customer, since the real price is your “sale” price, right?

closed #3