COVID-19: Update on prioritized shipment creation, new tool to check eligibility

Nice to see I’ve got some prioritized items customers need now:

The Spiderwick Chronicles: The Complete Series

Restock Inventory page

Did you click this?

Hello, yes I did and nothing popped up. I only have a few products so none of them are probably eligible.

While we will continue prioritizing the products we can receive beyond April 5

No, they definitely said some stuff will still not be able to be replenished even after April 5.

There is a help page on it: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/GF37V7QBB8WSVF43

Will you be restoring regular operations on April 5, 2020?

Given that the impact of COVID-19 is still developing, we do not have an exact date when operations will be fully restored. Instead, whenever possible we will allow more products to be received, while still ensuring our fulfillment centers are able to process high-priority products.

I have 400+ ASIN in " Arts, Crafts & Sewing", and they only allow me ship only ONE ASIN. They are high demand now due to people are boring at home, they need something to kill their time.

They are allowing me one item out of hundreds I have in FBA, but the solitary item they are allowing me to restock does not need to be restocked and is far, far from one of my highest-velocity items. In fact, this item died with the onslaught of the pandemic because it is a Ski Colorado sign that is typically bought by people in ski towns.

This all leads me to believe that bots are making this decision and they are not very good at it.

I have a shipment I started before they restricted, I’m assuming I can still ship that? Although I do admit that I’m a little nervous about sending it in and having it sit in limbo if they are too busy.

Something is very, very wrong with your system @Amazon_News and what it thinks is important to send.

After reading this I went to look at our “SKU’s to restock today” list. Down from 100+ items to five SKU’s they are calling for, asking and allowing us to send.

They would like us to send in, and will allow us to send in… Five Birthday Banners, one of each.

Fact is stranger than fiction. You can not make this stuff up.

“New Tool to Check Eligibility” Someone needs to do a little bit more work on this.

So odd since we are sending mission critical items for COVID-19 Fulfilled by us using FBM and SFP everyday.

i find this announcement unclear if we will be able to ship FBA April 5th as originally promised… I am hoping so as i am out of most items Best wishes to all Stay safe

I agree, I see that our shipments have been received upon being checked in. We still have a few in the queue that will ship out today and Monday that were in before the closure.

Same here–I have a shipment I created before the restriction–and mine is, for me, a pretty big pallet. I’m thinking I should bring it to my warehouse instead of having it shipped to directly to Amazon. What to do, what to do?

This is good to know. Thanks!

I was so hopeful when I clicked that link, only for it to show 0 items eligible. Great. Doing FBM for our products is absolutely destroying our margins right now. An item we would net, say, $40 FBA, we can only net like $32 FBM.

From the looks of what they are allowing me to send, it looks like yet another case of Bad Bots Gone Wild.

I’m confused. When I look at the first report, it’s blank. For the second report, I downloaded it and put it into Excel, so I can read it. What column is important on that report? I see one marked “Recommended Ship Date”, and the date is today’s date. Is that the one that tells me if I can ship these items in? Or should I be looking at something else?

Pet toys but not books? Crazy!

Looks like we are in the same boat. All of my First responder gear is out of stock- but they think that the one little item that hardly sells is ok to restock. I have been getting everything boxed and ready for the date they open the shipping. So hopefully the 5th will be that magic date. And i am guessing everyone else will be hoping the same. I hope you can make it though this crazy time safely!

Hopefully everyone has learned from this. Do not count on Amazon for everything. Thankfully I have two listings: One Amazon FBA and one that is in my warehouse that I send out. Has literally saved my business from going under.

send them the message. You need to tell them!