COVID-19 Related Announcements, Updated: 3/19/20, 4 p.m

Jeff recently dumped 4 billion in stock, maybe to feather his nest?

I had a shipment plan created but could not finalise it, so the answer is no you cannot unless your products are classed as essential by Amazon.

Since workers in the fulfillment centers (at least one) are now confirmed to have the virus… I really DO NOT want people from the Amazon fulfillment centers delivering anything to my home.

I can’t fathom your logic at all. It sounds like you’re assuming that only people who are confirmed to have the virus, actually have the virus. That’s not right at all. The reason all the rules about social distancing and stopping all non-essential activities exist is because - in reality - a whole BUNCH of people have the virus and are spreading it to others without knowing it.

So a lack of confirmation of being infected doesn’t equate to being virus-free. Anyone entering your community could bring the virus with them. There are most likely people at every FBA warehouse that are infected, they just haven’t been diagnosed yet because we aren’t testing people who don’t feel sick. So why be more afraid of a diagnosed case than an undiagnosed one? The risk is the same.

It’s also pretty far-fetched to believe that an infected person from an FBA center would be able to transmit the virus to you through your package. That would require all sorts of unproven assumptions, including -

• The infected person was at work on the day your package was processed through the center
  • The infected person had physical contact with your package (think of how many packages are processed through and how many employees there are, and how much of the process is automated)
  • The infected person had to transmit the infection from themselves to your package. This would mean they had the virus on their hands in sufficient quantity to transfer it to your package.
  • The virus could live on the surface of your package for the length of time it took to travel to you (if you assume this, then it ALSO infected everyone who touched it en route)
  • The amount of virus living on the package was a sufficient amount to infect you
  • You gave the virus entry into your system from the surface of the package.

If you add all these up, because every single one would have to be true in order for you to be infected this way, what are the odds of it happening?

As per the WHO as posted on the USPS website:

"According to The World Health Organization, “the likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.” And according to the CDC, “in general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods.”

I would be more concerned with catching it from the delivery driver or your local fast food and restaurant workers if you are still risk adverse enough to order fast food.

If you are not going to let third party sellers send in merchandise, then stop taking the buy box for something you claim you will not have for a month.

As per the WHO as posted on the USPS website:

I think you meant to direct your post to @a_finishing_touch, and not to me. I wasn’t the one worried about my whole neighborhood being infected by the arrival of an Amazon package.

But it’s great information - thanks for quoting it.

my account is at risk of deactivation due to late shipments caused by covid-19. I contacted them several times and got no reply.

my account is at risk of deactivation due to late shipments caused by covid-19.

How did the virus prevent you from shipping on time??? All carriers are still fully operational, and ecommerce businesses are still allowed to operate even in areas that are in lockdown.

Because of this new policy, we sent in sanitary masks on our existing listing with both product reviews and sales history only to be told I can no longer sell the item I was selling! Amazon allowed me to create a shipment and send in $600 worth of inventory but won’t allow it to be sold on the marketplace. However I see thousand of listings for sanitary masks from just launched seller for unknown products shipping directly from China. Amazon is not telling the truth and seems to be failing to properly implement their own policies. Amazon is putting further burdens on small business, restricting our sales of legitimate products while allowing China to benefit directly with these brand new listings and seller account. Unreal!

Well turns out I don’t have to sneak… It seems because we sell building supplies and plumbing items we are “essential”. We are not accepting any walk-in customers or will call. So I pretty much get to have the place to myself. maybe I’ll finally have the time to go thru the 8000 items we sell on Amazon and get ride of the deadwood products.

I have noticed that as Amazon has stopping stocking the products we sell and has stopped taking stock from FBA competitors that are sales are actually going up, and we are getting more sales on other platforms that used to dead.

So much nicer doing business on other platforms that have emailed us and told us that performance standards will be relaxed… One platform told us we get a free extra day to process orders because they understand that many sellers are short staffed.

I could get used to being treated like a human being… .

Well some places are having to let people go, people are taking time off because they are sick or scared. People are not working at 100% as everyone is on edge and worried. We’re not BOTs.

Well some places are having to let people go, people are taking time off because they are sick or scared. People are not working at 100% as everyone is on edge and worried. We’re not BOTs

I’m trying to wrap my head around that poster’s situation.

For those of us who’s sales tanked, falling off a cliff didn’t start until this past Sunday. Most companies who are having to let people go did it because their business fell dramatically - starting this past week. So if OP’s business is large enough to have employees, which we don’t know, it doesn’t make sense to me that he would have too little work to keep his staff on, but too much work to manage the volume of shipments on time.

If he shipped late because he was short-handed due to his employees being out because they were sick (which can happen at any time) why didn’t he put his account on vacation or extend his handling time when he started to fall behind?

I’m not being insensitive, I just don’t understand what scenario led to the virus being responsible for him shipping late.

Not everyone is dramatically impacted, as far as being able to fulfill their shipments goes. There are many single person or mom-and-pop operations that are shipping as normal, even in locations that are locked down, and I’m sure there are plenty of businesses with employees that are still functioning too, if they’re still getting enough orders to process, that is.

I just don’t understand how the virus directly causes someone to ship more than 4% of their orders late in the rating period.

reduce the storage fee and no long storage fee

This does not explain the Tardiness in Amazon Warehouse in checking in my shipments.

3 shipments have been sent to the Memphis warehouse. Packages were signed and delivered.

Amazon has been sitting on them for 2+ Months. Not Checked in yet. I can’t even create a case and reconcile.

Absolutely agree! Amazon gives us opportunity to sell our products using Amazon platform. It’s Amazon’s business and Amazon rules, you don’t like it do it your way but somewhere else. Amazon should survive and do everything to go through the upcoming crisis with minimum loss. My company is affected as we sell apparel but I am ready to recall all inventory from FBA to help Amazon do right things.

Good Morning! Seeing that this is a very difficult time for all of US who depend in Amazon, I would like to ask for those like me, that just start our store in this unfortunate times with the Corona Virus, but we still have not Units on our store, Its for us better wait for the times get better to actually get those Units on our store, or not? Since we are being informed about the changes and prioritizing products, its obvious that the less experienced, may not be able at all to be able to earn any, but risk much. Its gonna be any weiber plan for us new sellers people?

I was sending inventory when the system stopped allowing me to do it. It was probably around midnight. My box ready to be sent, but cannot print shipping label. So I decided to do it in the morning and woke up to the e-mail. Wish they would have given us a little advance warning like a few hours before just turning it off.

if you created the shipment plan before Mar. 17th,you can send the inventory to the warehouse,but it will take more time to receive them.

Replens, food (grocery) health and beauty. Sell stuff from home.

Maybe the tornados that tore TN to bits, especially around Nashville, and or the flooding in certain parts of the country have affected their processing. And they aren’t immune to the threat of corona or just regular flu. And I assume many of the warehouse workers have kids who are now out of school for months and they need to stay home and take care of them so the warehouses might be shorthanded.

They are saying they are hiring so if you’re desperate enough you could appy to do that.