COVID-19: Impact on the health of your Amazon seller account and frequently asked questions

This needs more clarification…

1. How long should the seller wait for buyer to initiate cancellation request before the seller can cancel the order on their own?
  2. What if the buyer leaves negative feedback? Is this also going to be taken care?

What happens if the buyer leaves negative feedback to our store because of the delay with delivery or more than a month waiting?

Do you have answers to all of the questions?

Thanks!

@Sells_Stuff We leave all returns sit for a day. We then inspect and then wash our hands. Simple.

If you were to delay too long, the buyer does not get their $ back in their pocket.

And this calls for a nail missed the board entirely thingy. How Amazon has the nerve to pat themselves on the back for being ‘proactive’ when requests and complaints have been floating around these boards for DAYS is incomprehensible. Although pretty much expected. :roll_eyes:

we have taken steps to proactively mitigate the impact of this event on the health of your Amazon seller account

I am not sure if this is actually happening. Both our SFP eligibility and our premium shipping eligibility have been automatically shut off just like any other time a metric is not perfect. We had one day where 10 times the normal sales volume for a product came in and we were not able to fulfill them all on a friday. Everything shipped on Monday and we put all the steps in place to ensure we could ship every order even with the increased demand. Still they removed SFP on a 7 day metric as always. Actually change the percentages and update your algorithms. If you are going to say this is going to happen, make it so.

So why did our Premium Shipping Eligibility get revoked based on a 2.3% cancellation rate?

If cancellation will not count against our metrics, how did this happen?

So why did our Premium Shipping Eligibility get revoked based on a 2.3% cancellation rate?

You’re misunderstanding what the announcement says -

by relaxing our policies for shipping-related Performance metrics

“shipping-related Performance” is going to apply to regular orders. This announcement is NOT saying - we’ll allow you to fall below the requirements of premium programs like premium shipping and SFP and still maintain your eligibility.

They may, or may not, relax the requirements for those programs at some future point, but it’s not what THIS announcement is saying, so there’s no argument for you that you shouldn’t have lost your premium/SFP based on what they’ve announced now.

We had one day where 10 times the normal sales volume

Congratulations! Hold onto that money to cover yourself if things fall off a cliff. I’m one of those who may not be able to pay my rent soon. You could have worse problems than you currently do. Remember to stay thankful for the things that are going right.

Relaxing policies? lol. This must be a joke. As my account is at risk of deactivation due to being late on 1 days packages by a couple hours due to family emergency calling me from my business for a short time. IMG_2021

and we were not able to fulfill them all on a friday. Everything shipped on Monday

SFP says that orders that are shipped late, but delivered on time do not count against your metrics. Did you upgrade the shipping method on these late orders to ensure they were still delivered on time, despite shipping late? If so, your SFP metrics wouldn’t have had any dings.

Because SFP sellers have to Buy Shipping through Amazon for all SFP orders, you would have been forced to upgrade the shipping, unless you circumvented the ‘Buy Shipping’ requirement and bought shipping off site.

Relaxing policies? lol. This must be a joke.

What is a joke? The “risk of deactivation” warning is generated by computer when your late shipments exceed a certain amount. It’s an automated warning to alert you to try and get things back on track before you wind up suspended.

Amazon’s announcement says that humans will take the impact of COVID19 into consideration when reviewing an account for suspension or reinstatement.

You shouldn’t take this announcement to mean that Amazon’s automated processes won’t continue on as usual. It’s all done by computers, not some guy sitting in a dark room pushing an ‘at risk for deactivation’ button.

What happens if the buyer leaves negative feedback to our store because of the delay with delivery or more than a month waiting?

Let’s hope that all human beings show a little compassion in these times and don’t leave negative feedback for late delivery. I’m sure longer delivery will become the norm for a little while and people will learn to expect it.

With that said, it’s up to us, as the merchants offering products to do our best to provide reasonable delivery expectations. Don’t tell a buyer it will be there in 2 days if you know it’s likely to take 6 days.

or more than a month waiting

And certainly don’t promise availability now… if you can’t provide it for a month.

I’m not sure what circumstances you have that make you imagine causing a buyer to wait a month for their product, but whatever they are, promising accurate (to the extent possible) service expectations up front should mitigate many problems that might happen after the sale.

Exactly the Amazon lending payments should be postponed for 3 months like the government did with filing and paying taxes to help us little guys out since Amazon has billions to work with.

Maybe Amazon could really help sellers by lowering fees. I can imagine a lot of sellers are experiencing a slowdown and could use the savings from lower fees to help them during this time.

I don’t really see any changes here that I’m not already aware of. Here are the choices;

1. Put your store on vacation hold.
    Go out of business if there are any delays that might impact your metrics.

2. Use buyer-seller messaging -
    I have an 8% response rate from buyer-seller messaging in US, though 100% in Canada - Go figure
    Are we leaving those decisions up to seller support and will they given training and guidance from Amazon?

3. Cancel the order after you get a cancellation request. Nothing different there.

Quite frankly none of this matters unless you are selling health care, food and what not. I guess some may go on a spending spree once they get those aid checks but my sales in sportswear is effectively done. After a year and a half of battling the waves of Chinese competitors that wiped out over 30% of my sales, Covid-19 has pretty much finished it off.

I laid off my 2 employees this week. I filed for unemployment. Luckily, my wife is in the healthcare business she’s working around the clock. We are both past middle aged and have a 6 year old son. We could both die.

Nobody knows what next week will bring other than rising infections and deaths. I hold out hope for a vaccine and that all these drastic measures lead to a reduction in infection, but until that happens we are all at risk. There is no cure and our hospitals don’t have the capacity to deal with the worst case scenario.

This is the new reality. We are all scared.

so… they couldn’t turn if off, change the value or at the minimum change the automated message that gets sent to assure sellers so they don’t have to panic?

Amazon has finally found the exit strategy for all third party sellers. Most of use will be kick off because of this. Jeff is finally going to get his wish. They care nothing for us and it has been that way for at least 4 years now.

I don’t understand what you’re asking? They couldn’t turn what off, specifically? Change the value of what, or change which automated message?

Sorry, but since you didn’t quote the part of my message that you were replying to, I don’t know what your questions are asking about, specifically.

How will i know if a cancellation has been counted against my metrics, when i loose a complete percentage point? ( i just had a customer cancel and order this morning, i cancelled per customer request and boom, i read this) I’m pretty bitter about how easily i can loose a percentage point, for who knows what!!! I track, i cancel maybe once every few months, almost all positive reviews in the last year, i ship each day that the post office is open (the po is on the next block), i live in Colorado, the center of the country, etc. So my question again is, when i loose a percentage point? Venting!!!

The world has turned upside down in just a few weeks. Image a few months from now and most Americans will be in a dire situation. God bless us.

i just had a customer cancel and order this morning, i cancelled per customer request and boom, i read this

Why would you be worried about that? If a customer asks to cancel, and you cancel for them as you’re supposed to, what’s the cause for concern?

Cancellations (in the pre-virus world) count against you if the cancellation is your fault. Nothing counts against you, either then or now, if a buyer asks to cancel their order and you do so. Try not to panic, and just apply good old common sense.