COVID-19: FBA storage fee waiver

I asked them. They responded:

We are working diligently to account for this change in your IPI score and in storage limits for the following quarter.

Let’s not worry. Let’s thope all the viruses are dead soon. :muscle::muscle::muscle:

Moderator edit: SEAmod removed incorrect information

Great! How about IPI?

Moderator edit: SEAmod removed off topic post

I asked. They said:

We are working diligently to account for this change in your IPI score and in storage limits for the following quarter.

Moderator edit: SEAmod removed incorrect information

This is such a blessing, and from the very bottom of my heart I thank you!

While this is a nice gesture, this is hardly enough to offset the slowdown and disruption to businesses impacted by the policy changes. We just received an email from a customer who can not get one of our key items if ordered today until April 20th. We are losing business as items which are Prime designated no longer meet Prime Consumer Expectation. This shipment delay is three weeks on top of the two weeks since the first policy change to prioritize products was implemented. Amazon has made public announcements of huge increases in business. A quick scroll of Best Sellers reflects top selling items which are far from basic essentials needed in this crisis and those items are mostly sold by Amazon. While one can understand a refocus of operations, the cost to the refocus or burden of the shift should be born by Amazon as Amazon is the beneficiary. Our Suggestion is to use these policy decisions to substantiate losses and apply for Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance.

Thank you so much for all the concessions. Amazon is not perfect but has been a great blessing to me and my family. Sending good vibes to my fellow sellers out there.

We shall rise above this pandemic and emerge even greater on the other side. Blessings to you all.

What two week period are we talking about here? Is this for the past two weeks or the upcoming two weeks?

AZ has a lot of issues now…

I was wondering the same. It would be less confusing had they said ‘we will waive 50% of next month’s storage fees’, though 50% will result in slightly more than 2 weeks…

Actually I just looked at the email they sent out and they mention two weeks in March. Without any further clarity, I would assume they mean the final two weeks in March, or March 18-March 31. That is unless they are talking about the last two calendar weeks in March, or March 15-28.

have to agree.

same here. 2 weeks of storage when we were unable to send in inventory so FBA stock is low anyways. How about letting us sell again and not have 2 week delays on shipping FBA products. How about not deleting listings via bot without looking deeper at the product history, our history as a seller and product reviews? I could go on, but I don’t want this to turn into a rant. :wink:

Do you understand that if you were selling in a mall, your shop would probably be closed ? At least you can sell a bit.

Got bread delivered today. The local supermarket that was still delivering within a reasonable amount of time had none. Coffee and shelf stable milk and a whole bunch of necessaries coming to my front door now, not in 2 weeks (if then). Because of Amazon. At this point, Amazon is probably the only reliable source for much of what I need. Just thought I’d throw that into the discussion.

So thanks Amazon and heartfelt thanks to those working to keep the supplies moving.

Amazon is going to do whatever they can to keep their names out of the newspapers!

With workers now walking off jobs in their warehouses, price gauging sellers, up to 2 week deliveries with prime etc… Amazon’s name has not been so good lately.

They are losing sales to competitors that have kept their names in a positive status since this all started. Not good for Amazon.

They just opted to waive loan payments which most companies had implemented weeks ago.

Maybe they are realizing after all that for a Company who thought they were untouchable it took a virus for them to start thinking otherwise

Please also consider removing any negative impact on our FBA sell-through rating.

The supplies are coming back to most stores in my area (Greater LA area). Some things like paper products are still difficult to get but most dairy, bread and meats are available at our local Costco and Sams Club.

We are in for a long road ahead. The stay at home orders are likely to stay in place until June or maybe even July. I’ve heard rumors from several sources that Amazon is planning on extending the restrictions on FBA items until the end of April.

As sellers our business model has changed. We have to adjust to the times we are in to survive. Unfortunately, many businesses will not be able to adjust and some will not survive. Amazon’s gesture of waiving fees for 2 weeks and not charging LTSF for the month of April is a good start but it’s not going to save businesses who are drowning right now if this situation lasts into June or July.

I hope Amazon re-evaluates the situation as it develops and considers additional concessions as warranted. Of course they don’t have to do anything but if they want a stable Marketplace for this years incoming 4th quarter it makes sense for them to take steps to help businesses that sell on their platform survive this pandemic.

With that said, this is the most I’ve seen Amazon do for it’s sellers in the 11 years I’ve been selling here so it is good to see that they are acknowledging the dire situation we are all in. Hope everyone stays safe and let’s just keep doing what we can to make it through these tough times and help others when we can.

Amazon sales have increased during this time. So have mine to the point that my funds have been put on hold pending an investigation. I knew it was going to happen since we are selling a ton of seeds but common sense should tell them that if their sales have gone up so that they have to add 100,000 people, then is it not possible for other people’s sales to go up?

Or maybe they are the reason they waived the fees in the first place. Ever think about that?