Coupon Clips

Trying out the coupon feature for the first time and I am not sure why I have so many clips vs. purchases?

Does that mean people have clipped a coupon for a future buy? Or they just click it out of curiosity? Not sure how the process works from start to finish yet.

If anyone has any insight to how it works, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!!

I’ve noticed the same. I have 2 coupon campaigns running and they are both showing an approx. 1 to 3 ratio of redeemed vs. clipped. Clips are valid until the coupon expires.

Could be any one of a number of things.

Sometimes they see the coupon before seeing the product(s) that the coupon is valid on, and then decided they don’t want to purchase the product(s) at all.

Sometimes they are waiting until they get paid to make a purchase.

Sometimes they are unhappy with the shipping time frame.

Sometimes they realize that even with the coupon, there are better deals available.

Sometimes they get a text and forget what they were doing before they got the text.

I could go on, but I hope you get the point.

Bump…

Hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Agreed. Similar situation to when shoppers clip coupons from a newspaper or magazine… Sometimes they save in a drawer for their next weekly trip the store, and sometimes they find a better deal while at the store. There is not a hard technical answer to the OP’s question.

theyre ok, what i did was just lower my price as if i was giving the % off + the 60 cent fee.
so if an item is $100 with 10% off, the price would be $89.40 so i didnt use coupons, just sold for $89.40 and it converted better. stupid $.60 fee is ridiculously high!!! amazon must have a ship riding on cash

And how do you know that it converted better? I’d love to know. It seems to me that a listing with the orange 10% off coupon badge would convert better than a listing without, if the net purchase price was the same.

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.