user profile
Sign in
user profile

Confusing error when trying to request approval

by Seller_WbJTIc6vxdply

24 days ago I requested to sell a brand I never have sold before, instead of going to the page where I an upload a LOA or invoice it just went to an error screen and said your account does not qualify.

What? Why wouldn’t I qualify? But ok whatever, did some testing and looked up various brands (small and large) and all gave me the same error message.

Fast forward a few days and I was able to list some of the other brands I had looked up previously but not the brand I wanted to list originally.

SS was called multiple times and I was given the run around each time which resulted in no one knowing what was wrong. They even tried to list the item for me, but were unsuccessful. They acknowledged there was an error, but said they could not fix it.

Fast forward to today (24 days later) and I went to create a shipment to restock a product I already have in my inventory, but guess what?!? It’s inactive as of 24 days ago and is saying I need to request approval.

This is a sub brand of another brand and I’ve sold both before with 0 problems.

When I go to request approval (having not requested any items since my previous unresolved issues 24 days ago) I get the infamous “Your account does not qualify”

I’ve contacted my account manager with the brand and they said they have not made any changes with Amazon and I should be able to list the items.

So my question is, has anyone else seen this and/or how does one go about fixing this?

I have pallets of this stuff taking up space I don’t have and invoices I would love so send in if given the opportunity.

I could only find 2 other topics (both very recent and unresolved) on the forum with this issue:

Also, when requested on mobile, the message “You cannot list because it is restricted from importation by Courier model.” is given as a reason. Makes 0 sense to me, and all the SS agents I had talked to said they’ve never seen that message before me.

This specific product is however, made in the US and sold in the US. So anything about not being to import it doesn’t make sense

Screenshots below of error messages:

Tags: ASIN, Images, Pricing
279 replies
279 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_i15IIZKKlFDXU
In reply to: Seller_WbJTIc6vxdply's post

Thank you for sharing. Same issue here, we’ve tried to ask seller support & account health multiple times what the issue is, they dont seem to know whats going on either. They dont know how to fix it as this seems to be a very internal issue, not sure if its intended or not.
I hope this gets to the front of leadership gets fixed…

user profile
Seller_GAANOVXc1kgY1

We are also having this issue. We have been selling on Amazon since 2015 and never seen it till this year when we try to apply to sell a brand.

user profile
Seller_WbJTIc6vxdply

Yep seems like something is definitely wrong on Amazon’s side. Perhaps @SEAmod can look into this for us?

user profile
Seller_GAANOVXc1kgY1

I just tried the asin, same error. I am curious @Tormentor where was your account made?

user profile
Seller_WbJTIc6vxdply

@SEAmod Can you please look into this? It is urgent the issue is fixed for not only me, but the 2 others sellers hear too.

I have pallets of product I can’t send in because of this.

user profile
Seller_pAeS87X0tVv3M

I have the same issue for near 6 months. My account was international, but now its on US based company. I thought moving my account to the US based company will fix the issue but it didnt.
The best that I can get from SS that I must make a Brand Registry for every single brand that has this error.

user profile
Seller_WbJTIc6vxdply

@SEAmod Please look into this, SS still has no idea what’s going on and we are loosing money every second it’s not fixed.

user profile
Bea_Amazon

@Tormentor
I took a look at your account and the answer you received from Seller Support on Monday 3-14 accurately explains the issues you’re facing. If you need any additional help, please reach out directly through Seller Support. Thanks!
Bea

user profile
Seller_WbJTIc6vxdply

We had a account metric that we had overlooked. Our VTR went down below the 95% threshold after an API that uploads some of our tracking info went down for a few days.

This was determined to be the cause by SS.

However, my metrics are all back up to par with flying colors and the issue has still not been fixed.

Have any of you guys noticed any issues with your account metrics?

user profile
Seller_WbJTIc6vxdply

Since metrics don’t seem to be a problem for any of us, perhaps it is something internal that needs attention.

@SEAmod Could you please have this looked at by the internal team? For not only myself, but these other sellers on the topic as well.

Thank you!

Go to original post