user profile
Sign in
user profile

Compliance with the new French fraud act tax registration requirements

by Seller_dK330zMHKeDag

Can anyone tell me if I need to register for VAT in France in order to not have my US seller account blocked?

I’m an Australian-based business, only selling on the US market place. I only use FBA and sell globally (i.e. accepting orders from all around the world). I do not have an amazon.fr account - French purchases are only made on my US store.

I was notified by Amazon that I need to provide a French VAT identification in order to be compliant with the new French anti-fraud law - otherwise I may face account suspension or even be contacted by the French authorities.

I do not store goods in France - only in the US. I did have a few orders from France, which amount to about 30 EUR.

Am I required for action? And what should it be?

Thanks.

Tags: Registration
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_pAeS87X0tVv3M
In reply to: Seller_dK330zMHKeDag's post

I have the same situation, but also I disabled FBA Export Settings a long time ago. According to the letter I had 1 order from France for the 40USD. I created a case regarding this situation, support is useless, can’t even explain how my inventory ended up in France.
I guess we have to contact tax advisors to fix this solve the situation.

user profile
Seller_9H5tLtAvo6re9
In reply to: Seller_dK330zMHKeDag's post

I got it too. Could be just to keep track of all people shipping items into France. I did find this note on a site that you can pay to get a VAT number:

What are the French VAT registration thresholds?

For foreign businesses trading in France that are VAT/GST/Tax registered in their home state, the VAT registration threshold is nil.

For EU VAT-registered companies selling goods over the internet to consumers in France (distance selling), the VAT registration threshold is €35,000 per annum since January 2016.

So maybe this EU rule works the same for the USA?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post