Commingled listings on some listings

I can’t figure out why but every so often when I go to add a product by scanning the barcode and find that it is already listed on Amazon it comes up as “cannot label commingled listings” when I go to print the labels. I do the same procedure for listing these items as items that I do for others and some come up this way when I go to print the labels. I have found that if I print the labels from the shipping queue page I get the “cannot label commingled listings” but if I attempt to print the labels from the manage FBA inventory page I don’t get that notice. If I print the labels from the FBA manage inventory page will they have a problem when they get to Amazon? Why do some come up that way and others don’t when I use the exact same listing method?

Amazon does not require you to label products when you choose in the ‘Shipping plan’ to commingle your inventory with other sellers. This is why you get the message during the ‘Shipping plan’ method.

From the ‘Manage Inventory’ page, you can print labels because it is not associated with a shipping plan where you said you want to ‘commingle’ your inventory you plan to ship.

If you label your commingle units by printing labels from your inventory page, and ship them with labels where you said to commingle, Amazon will likely delay your items being received and provide a warning to you about shipping items with labels when you said you want to commingle your inventory.

If you do not want to commingle, simply change that option on the shipping plan so you can print labels and ship your units to Amazon with labels. If you want to commingle then do not label and ship them to Amazon.

Thank you for your response. I do not want to commingle but I don’t see any place on the shipping plan to change that option. I feel like I may just need to keep some listings as commingled since I can’t figure out how to get them out of being commingled.

1. There is more than one ASIN with the UPC on it. Hot Wheels is the worst offender of this. If 2 or more items have a specific UPC attached to it this will happen.

2. We had a few items where this was done in error. Open a case and ask to have the restriction removed.

When you create the listing, I believe you choose whether you want it to be commingled, or to use an FNSKU. When I first started listing our products (with our UPC codes) it seemed unnecessary to stick an FNSKU label on the package. So, I chose to just use the UPC code. After a few months, when creating a shipping plan, it would not let me commingle. There was no way to convert the listing, and I believe it messaged that a new listing had to be created. So, I had to create new non-commingled inventory listings so I could ship more to a fulfillment center.

I suggest being cautious about this, as I now am. I will not create a new FBA listing on the product page if there is still inventory on the commingled FNSKU. It seems that Amazon likes to pull stock from the new FNSKU, rather than the older one. So, the old inventory sits there, getting older, and possibly racking up more warehouse charges. To move the old inventory first (for that SKU to win the BuyBox), it has to be offered at a lower price than the new FNSKU.

If you do want to commingle, chances are good that no matter how you label, the inventory will still be commingled.

At least some overstocked non-commingled inventory that I removed ended up largely not being labeled with my FNSKU when I received it back. It really bugged me.

First, Amazon started to sell the item and never shared the BuyBox - ever - even when their stock was showing that it was due in on some future date, and there were a dozen other seller, some Prime. When I recalled all my inventory in those SKUs, and most of the stock arrived with just the UPC code, while some of it had other sellers FNSKUs I was truly annoyed. I could only guess what happened with the hundreds of units I had at fulfillment centers.

It seems there is no way to be sure to not commingle except by being the only FBA seller of the item.

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.