Closing Seller Account Help

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help because amazon have been borderline useless.

When I wanted to open a new seller account, I wasn’t able to open an individual seller account, instead I was forced down the path of “open a professional account and then downgrade”. This seemed to be the solution listed on several websites. I did this however I never really got any comms back from Amazon.

A few weeks ago I decided to login to my seller account (to see if anything had changed) and immediately got charged $47 but the account went straight to suspended so I couldn’t do anything.

I contacted support (which is one of the most ridiculous experiences I’ve ever had). When I eventually got through to a rep - they assured me that the money would be refunded and that my account would be downgraded in the next billing cycle. My biggest problem since then has been complete radio silence from amazon. The only thing I’ve received are e-mails suggesting that things are still “active” on my account (tax related documents / etc - note, no trading has ever been done on the account).

Has anyone gone through this experience before? My account is now marked as “deactivated” - is that the end of it? How can I fully close the account? I’m unable to do anything else (I can’t even speak to a real person anymore since the account is deactivated).

I must admit, the thing that ticked me off the most was that they knew that they needed some additional details from me (proof of identity, no worries, more than happy to provide and I have already done so) but they thought “we’ll still charge his account, even though we don’t know who he is yet”.

Anyway, if anyone else has had an experience like this, please let me know. Also, if anyone is aware of how I can actually call up amazon to ask for an update (a tell number or process), please let me know.

Apologies for the rant!! Its been a frustrating 2 weeks.

H

I am sorry to hear that your Seller Account was suspended shortly after registration and that you were charged a monthly fee.

At this point, you will need to work on having the suspension lifted as suspended accounts are effectively closed and can not be completely deleted since Amazon wants to store the information for security purposes, to prevent blocked sellers from freely opening new accounts to circumvent their suspension.

Regarding the fee, this indicates that you signed up for the Professional Selling Plan (rather than Individual), even if it wasn’t your intention and this was done by a mistake. Your payment method on file gets charged regardless of the account status or whether you are actively selling.

In addition, a refund of any previously charged monthly fees will be only issued once your account is in a good status and not suspended.

So I would advise you to provide Amazon any requested documents to ensure that you have your Seller Account reactivated as soon as possible.

Documents are a required part of the application process.

Please read the following thread, to see where you may be lacking in information: Info: Why was my account suspended, immediately after registration?

Also, please read through the: New Seller Checklist, for additional tips.

You cannot close your account, especially since it is currently suspended.

You need to provide whatever information is requested and wait. The wait can be 30+ days, especially since we just turned the corner into the 4th Quater.

Amazon sellers, are permitted a single account, unless first requested and permission is received, from Seller Performance, for a legitimate business need (i.e.: one account sells baby items, second account sells “adult only” products…)

@Rushdie - yes that makes sense except I’ve already provided the documents they requested - this was the ask:

"
How do I reactivate my account?

Please provide one of the following documents and confirm there is a valid credit card on file:

– A bill that is dated within the last 90 days for piped or natural gas, electricity, water, or internet service with name and address visible.
– Business license, if applicable.
"

I don’t have a business license (I wanted to open an individual account / not a professional account). I have however sent a recent utility bill (internet provider bill) which clearly has my address and name detailed on it as requested. The update was sent to amazon on the 23rd of September - if its as you say, 30+ days then I can keep an eye on it. The mere fact that I’ve not received an acknowledgement from them is a little disconcerting…

@Seller_2zvHv4ArfNLc7, Rushdie thank you for the responses - it just feels like amazon have left me in a bit of a hole. With a company of their resources you’d think things would be a little more straightforward. I’ll make a post with an update if I get anything in the next 30+ days.

Cheers both

Business license is not necessary, so don’t worry about that one.

Absolutely not a straightforward company, by any stretch of the imagination.

Selling on Amazon, can be like walking through a minefield.

Even when you are paying attention and abiding by their policies, changes are made abruptly and usually, without notice to sellers. So something that was permitted last month or last year, may suddenly become prohibited tomorrow.

Any time you are unsure, of even the smallest detail, post in this forum, asking fellow sellers for help or clarification, before you act.

Seller Support is all but useless. Sellers, who are surviving and profiting here, can offer much better assistance.

Hopefully, you will hear from them, in less than 30 days, but this is the beginning of the busiest time of the year, so extended delays, may ensue.

Cheers.

While waiting on a response, do yourself a big favor and go thru Seller University a few times to get familiar with policies, subject to change, and the written rules, subject to interpretation.

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.