Check the Box helps ensure that dangerous goods ship safely and promptly

Dangerous goods (hazmat) that ship without proper packaging and required labels can pose a safety risk while in transit and face delays. Check the Box, an initiative by the US Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), offers resources and guidance on shipping dangerous goods.

Dangerous goods include common household items such as aerosols, hairspray, nail polish, batteries, and electronic devices. It's your responsibility as a seller to know whether your products are dangerous goods and to ensure their proper handling and safe transport.

To help you identify such products, also watch our Seller University video Dangerous Goods Awareness. For information about what can and can't be sold through Fulfillment by Amazon, visit Dangerous goods identification guide (hazmat).

Amazon.com is not able to resolve shipping problems after delivery

Lovely to see Amazon not following their own Guidelines on the forum.

What not to include:

• Domain names, URLs, or hyperlinks.

Lets just check that…

Moderator Edit (Ricardo_Mod_Amazon): removed external URL

OVER 30.000 SELLERS STILL ON THE LINE FOR FBA DG APPROVAL, NO MOVEMENT FROM AMAZON TO OPEN DG FOR FBA IN SINCE NOV 19 Screenshot%202020-10-22%20150431

Keep in mind that the USPS does NOT want markings on the package if its just 1 or 2 (I think even under 4) Lithium batteries contained in equipment.

Shipping a cell phone, mp3 player, rechargeable speaker or tons of other mini gadgets with a small battery? Just package them properly and nothing more needs to be done if kept under the limits.

No surprise, i have been shipping hazmat for years and i struggle for them to give me enough space to create shipments.

I was on the list for a couple of years but was eventually let in.

First off they just don’t have the room to let everyone in. they give us a small amount of room to work with. In addition, there are only about 6 Fulfillment warehouses that can handle HAZMAT items.

Secondly people don’t realize what they are in for. With Hazmat items YOU pay AND ship them in to fulfillment with your OWN carrier. They wont take the risk.

Also the requirements to ship hazmat items are pretty strict. I follow them every-time, but I often get undercut by sellers that just throw their hazmat items into a postal label and lie about it to the postal service, and they run the risk of getting caught and suspended. It takes extra time, packaging materials, and expense to ship hazmat properly.

This is one seller that does NOT want them to just open it up - at least not without a mandatory training program for those sellers - it would be a disaster.

so walmart is the answer ?

DOJTRUST I’m not trying to be rude or anything - honest question: Do you have a brand? Or are you just one of those “Buy and Sell” RA guys that think your “entitled” to have Amazon lay out the red carpet for you? If you have a brand, you have a million options at your disposal. If your just RA you you still have options. What does “Walmart” have to do with anything? If you have an attitude like that you might be in the wrong business.

You know what “Walmart” told me way back in the day when I created my brand and applied (about the same time I applied for Amazon). The denied me and told me “No need to re-apply” when they did. Now that were a successful brand, it’s funny that they have been bugging me to join - and I’ve been deleting their emails and hanging up on them when they call.

Did Amazon deny your right to sell on their site? I would change your attitude and then change the way you look at opportunities in business and you might find yourself getting ahead.

IN FACT WALLMART HAVE THE UPTION FOR “ALL SELLERS” FOR DG WAHT AMAZON RFUSED OR manipulating it
Screenshot%202020-10-22%20150431
OVER 30.000 SELLERS STILL ON THE LINE FOR FBA DG APPROVAL, NO MOVEMENT FROM AMAZON TO OPEN DG FOR FBA IN SINCE NOV 19

Similar to my experience except Wal-Mart told me they were very interested but because my product was a Dangerous/Hazardous good, I needed to list them as an additional insured with a $10M umbrella (I had $5M policy, doubling it cost me over $100,000.00) to sell to them. After they received the Accord Sheet Wal-Mart invited me to come to Bentonville to sign the deal. After I got there, Wal-Mart then told me I had to halve my offer (which was below cost). When I replied, I couldn’t make that work, and my offer was the best I could do, they terminated the meeting and told me not to contact them again.

Now Wal-Mart reaches out every six months, I’m not responding until I get a check for $100K.

@Infinity_Man’s and my experience are not unique. So, @DOJTRUST… Yeah, good luck with that!

If you don’t pay off the right people, you will never be in a position to make the big buck$ at big boxers…

and life goes on…

That’s dirty - not the first time I’ve heard that about Walmart. I’m glad I didn’t climb into bed with them with my brand…When they call I say “oh hey how you doing” - then I hang up. [click]

LOL - Big boxers are a pain in the butt - specifically if you want shelf space. They slow pay and nail you on the slotting fees - and lets not talk about the returns. All these peeps watch a few episodes of “shark tank” - then decide they are a big shot - crowd fund themselves into dept - and then get destroyed when the reality of their situation sets in. You almost need a whole separate division of your company to handle retail and the head aches that come with it.