user profile
Sign in
user profile

Changed phone number now the otp is sent to wrong number cant login on seller central

by Seller_5GyFtIVvpn0pw

changed phone number now the otp is sent to wrong number cant login on seller central

Tags: Seller Central
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_fcqESQsiDtNkg
In reply to: Seller_5GyFtIVvpn0pw's post

That is what OTP is for. to prevent people not having access to a number from logging into your account.

user profile
Seller_ofxqHaxbobAtc

This happened to me also, logged in from a TRUSTED pc, changed BOTH phone numbers for Amazon and Seller Central; it won’t update OTP #'s for verifying my new phones. Of course documentation is super easy to find and replies to questions are useful… Time to call and decipher what the representative is saying in “English”.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

@thebargainbookstore
We use an Authenticator App as the preferred method. But I see add a new phone.

You need to be under settings, login settings, Two-Step Verification (2SV) Settings

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

You are correct, and we see it as a major flaw. Amazon was no assistance at all and of course access was denied to the account. I had to go back 2 laptops to get enough information to log on.

user profile
Seller_ofxqHaxbobAtc

Ty, I ended up calling (1-800-388-5512) and having the representative telling me to do a REQUEST for the Verification processes to be disabled first (https://www.amazon.com/a/recover/upload), requiring me to prove identity by uploading 1 of 3 forms of ID ( * A state-issued driver license, * A state ID card, or * A voter registration card) and then having to hear back from them in 2 days. At least the process is moving along…

user profile
Seller_ugH7df8tpGmB7

I always take a screenshot of the QR Code when creating the 2FA and store it in a very secured place and have phone number as backup. Google authenticator is horrible since if you change phones, it will not save the info over to the new device. I use authy.

for good security measure, you should also create additional user so you can still continue to manage the account if you are somehow locked out of the main account.

It’s not good to use your primary login (or any login with bank deposit permission) as we have sometimes hear of accounts getting hacked and their deposit method changed.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post