user profile
Sign in
user profile

Change to Returnless Refunds for international seller-fulfilled orders

by News_Amazon

Effective May 25, 2021, if you fulfil customer orders in the US from a country outside of the US, you must provide a valid US return address (for items under $25).

Amazon will use this address to generate prepaid return labels for customers on eligible return requests. If a US return address is not provided, Amazon will issue the customer a refund for eligible returns under $25, without requiring the item to be returned (Returnless Refund). This change will help simplify and standardize the returns process for low price items for both customers and sellers.

Next steps:

If you do not have a local return address, an international returns provider on the Solution Provider Network may be able to help.

For more information on returns, go to the help pages below:

Tags: News and Announcements
44 replies
44 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_G53rrrmDqxLLo
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Why does Amazon find it so easy to give Third Party Sellers Money away. $25.00 is not a lot of money, but it adds up fast , and buyers or should I say the scammers read the forums and will now know a new Amazon return threshold. You need to set up a system to Monitor the Scammers, then this would not bother US, the Third Party Sellers as much.

user profile
Seller_8wIS5pUwzlUjN
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_3hVj9IvtVRWiA

This sounds fair.

user profile
Seller_157SyJFZ2mDq2

What if I’m not selling on that marketplace, but Amazon sent my products on their behalf?

user profile
Seller_nwfBAjjFfyKge

I have stopped selling abroad because of DDP import charges charged to the seller and the unfair Returnless Amazon policy. I never agree to a returnless refund or return without authorization and validating a reason. The international return shipping cost well exceeds the value of the product $25.
Recently one lady did not like the product because it tasted awful and was not sweet enough - I never agreed to free trials and return back policy.

user profile
Seller_nwfBAjjFfyKge

If Amazon wants to offer FREE returnless refunds, Prepaid FREE labels it should pay for that - automatically forcing a charge on the seller without seller consent is a Fraud and Crime and a Theft.

user profile
Seller_uKYUQR1wT7FSF

This policy seems to actually benefit sellers living in the usa. Foreign sellers may have to raise their prices or pay for someone in the usa to handle returns. It may even encourage some to quit selling

user profile
Seller_onPcoMV1HBgAA

Great, so people can order internationally and know they can get it for free. NOT okay!

user profile
Seller_LBg4GAWyYoEaM

Sounds good to me, I mean if you are an International Seller, selling on the US site then I agree if you do not have a place in the US your returns can be shipped to, then yes you should have to refund without return.

user profile
Seller_Fhiqwuj1mg2z2

This is already happening and it is applying to USA Orders since 4/20! We do not ship anything overseas and have turned off the option to allow FBA to export our inventory for overseas buyers.

We are absolutely furious. We are probably done selling here once our inventory is gone. Amazon has doubled down on encouraging buyer fraud. It was already the #1 place for fraud in the United States and was already unacceptable. Amazon Returns per unit sold are 100x any other selling venue. In 100,000 Ebay transactions over 15 years, we have not yet had 100 Returns, even when they went FREE and seller paid shipping, returns are unheard of. At least 2% of all items sold on Amazon will be returned with a loss of 40% of it’s value. If you get an item back and sell it again, now there is zero profit for those 2 sales. With returnless refunds, it now takes 10 sales to make up for the loss of each refund.

Amazon only cares about one thing and will do ANYTHING at the expense of sellers, there is no way to fight this or win, unless you have 500% profit and can afford to just give away 5-10% of your inventory for free. Furthermore we are paying for every returnless refund at least $5 per transaction and there are 100’s of them per year.

On anything under $20, Amazon will keep 40-45% of every Retail Dollar for FBA fees + Commission. When any item is returned / refunded they take 100% of the sale back and only refund 60-80% of the commission. This is beyond absurd, it is not fair, and it is not worth it to keep feeding this monster which only punishes but never rewards

Go to original post