user profile
Sign in
user profile

Can you set an ASIN as a negative KW in PPC?

by Seller_wCiTl0ZSjsnhA

In tried searching but did not find a reliable answer.

In my search term report, I see several ASINs in the customer search term column. Unfortunately, many of them had a high click cost and zero sales over the past several months. How do I prevent my ad from showing next to certain products, so I can control my PPC costs.

the simplest seems to be by adding the ASIN to the negative KW section, but does this work, or is there some other way?

Thanks

Tags: Pay per click, Reporting, Search
25 replies
25 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_B1kHdfg5wboxU
In reply to: Seller_wCiTl0ZSjsnhA's post

you don’t want to do that. Those ASINS mean the shopper was on another product ASIN. While on that asin looking at that product they clicked on your sponsored add. So they went from the first product they were on to yours. Jim

user profile
Seller_3mS7x0speznAT

I am interested in this topic as well. I have 400 clicks with no sales in 4 of my top 7 (top = most clicks) auto campaigns. I have tested using keywords and the exact ASIN as negatives that that does not seem to work.

user profile
Seller_qnTo3Yah2eien

Well, if the costumer went to your listing page, from an another listing, and you got zero sales, that means he didn’t like your listing, so you should think on updating your photos or discription, or whatever. Becasue as FIVE_STAR_PRODUCT_L said, you don’t want to add it as a negative. That’s great he saw your sponsored add and clicked it. Thus once again, the problem is on your listing page, IMHO.

user profile
Seller_Q42DjUPewgX7O

I would also really like an answer to this question. The product is not at all closely related to my product. I appreciate your opinions that we should improve our listings, but it doesn’t answer the question. Does anyone know the actual answer?

Thanks for any help.

user profile
Seller_wwjGNuXJamzLG

The automated campaign will gradually reduce ad buys on pages where the ACoS is exceptionally high and/or underperforming. If you leave it alone, it should rectify itself and it’ll try again with new competitor ASINs and key terms on a consistent basis.

I have personally had zero luck with adding ASINs as keywords/negative keywords for campaigns – no one is actually typing them in, Amazon is just putting your ad into their display advertising network and they’re letting you know where they’re doing that. I’ve found it to be a valuable promotional tool, even when the ACoS is terrible for some of the competitor ASINs.

user profile
Seller_86s3y8b3NRzQc

You should add the ASIN to your Auto Campaign as an Exact Negative, that way it will stop your product showing on the competitor ASIN page.

Hope this helps

user profile
Seller_cAUdEcoRKpC94
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_F9VxIQ5fgi9Rx

Too bad there appears to be no way to do this. I’d like to have this ability as well.

user profile
Seller_86d5W4c5ggD0N

Did anyone find a way to accomplish this? Block certain ASINs from your PPC.

user profile
Seller_1d0B67nsfI4k9

I have only been able to add ASINs to negative targeting on product targeting campaigns only. I have not found this option for auto campaigns.

Go to original post