Can a customer pay for an order using more than 1 credit card (gift card)?

I have a customer in a situation where he doesn’t have enough funds on a prepaid gift card and was asking if he would be able to pay using two cards (use the remaining balance of the gift card, and pay remaining balance with a different card). What can I tell him? Does Amazon allow this?

You can politely explain to the customer that you do not have anything to do with the billing. Amazon does all of the billing and ask them to contact Amazon and ask them.

1. If the customer is using amazon gift cards she can just apply all the redemption codes to her account and amazon will combine them all.

2. If she wants to use an amazon gift card and then pay the difference with a credit card; yes she can do that.

3. If she has two prepaid giftcards (like a prepaid mastercard) she can use the individual cards to buy amazon gift certificates. Then do number 1.

You should direct the buyer to Amazon Customer Service. Amazon handles the payments.

Update: I provided this information for general education of sellers. Yes, sellers should refer the customers to Contact Amazon Customer Service for any payment or refund issues.

Hello tfjewels,

Customers need to choose a single payment method to place an order; they can’t split payment between multiple cards. This includes the Amazon Store Card and gift cards issued by major credit card companies that work just like regular credit cards.

However, customers can combine Amazon Gift Cards with a credit or debit card payment method to complete your order.

You can ask the customer to visit our Help pages for instructions on how to purchase and use Amazon Gift Cards:

http://www.amazon.com/help/giftcards

I hope this helps!

-Susan

Edited by: SusanH@SellerSupport on Feb 4, 2015 2:18 PM
to update

It is against cc policies to split purchases across multiple credit cards.

Your customer can however purchase an Amazon Gift Card with the cc gift card she has and then make the purchase funding from the gift card balance and their regular card.

closed #7