California warehouses not accepting shipments

Most of my shipments are going to SMF3 and they are so slowwwwwww. Average check in time is like 2 or 3 weeks from the date of the delivery.

Yes, I ship from Phoenix and weekly have sent in to Ritalo. I haven’t sent to any CA warehouses in about a month or two. My biggest shipments are being sent to Henderson, NV and then east coast. I do like the Henderson location though. I ship Monday and it arrives Tuesday and is already being added to inventory. In the past I send to Ritalo and it doesn’t get scanned in until Friday, almost 5 days after I shipped.

Whether case packed or individual units, if the total unit count is 50 or above the shipment is routed to ONT8 If the total unit count is less then 50 whether case packed or individual units the shipment is routed to 3 different locations.

An exception for less than 50 units would be if you only have 1 case of each SKU (Ex: 1 case of 49 units) The SKU would be assigned to a single FC, But it wouldn’t be assigned to ONT8

Hmm. That doesn’t seem completely correct (at least for me, see examples in OP) but hearing your success gives me the motivation to try a few different things and see if I can get anything to work. I’ll report back.

Same. Delivered at SMF3 on 7/23. Still sitting there.

Then why is the amazon system making us ship to those locations?

A lot of shipments and items going to Las Vegas (Henderson) recently.

My normal locations has changed from the Cali warehouses to Nevada warehouses and receiving time and reconcile time after items are delivered has increased from a week to 21 days to 4 weeks to 45 days respectively. Shipping quantities are rarely over 50 items.

That is normal.

I use SMF3 also. Sent 1 shipment of 3 cases on Friday July 31; went there just like ‘normal’ - so I’m not seeing any different for ALL of California (can’t speak to experience in Southern California / Ontario).

I do have a slow "receipt’ issue at SMF3, but hasn’t been long enough to reconcile yet…

Depends on the center. I sent to some and they got checked in the same day! Others, take longer. It is slow everywhere. California is strictest about number of employees working how close together etc… So it raises issues for things like checking in shipments…

My receiving times at SMF3 are running 3 weeks+ lately.

Amazon says it’s for my own good that I (we) have nothing to sell. Must be common core math.

They don’t want you to try to drop them off. I used to send to Reno all the time from Salt Lake. Suddenly no more shipments. We have a Salt Lake Hub being built. I called and asked. No chance they will be accepting shipments from Salt Lake.

how do you ensure it goes FTL?

The 18 units and 50 units per SKU for some items doesnt work anymore for ONT8 (it seems to be category based now).

I mainly sell apparel, am 20-30 miles from ONT8, and no apparel is going to ONT8 anymore as of about a month ago. Im having to send it all to CAE1 and ABE2, all back east, more than doubling shipping costs. Amazon has to have a warehouse that can receive apparel more central I would assume, they are going to have to warehouse transfer quite a few items with both of these warehouses being on the same coast. Non apparel items are still going to ONT8 when above 18 units.

I have a feeling the way items are categorized in the FBA storage monitor is how things are split for the time being. Nothing to do with storage limits, just the fact that ONT8 isnt accepting apparel anymore.

I had a shipment that delivered to Indy June 28th… still have 149 units not received. Reconciliation has been changed twice… as of now it is Aug 17.

Maybe that’s it. Toys and Games is the one I was sending.

I sent shipments from Los Angeles, they assign me New Jersey warehouse. it took a whole week to get there. Within 24hrs it was checked in tho.

Yes, we have a shipment with 500 items that has been shipped a month ago, and California FBA warehouse hasn’t received it yet

Make sure its more than 18 plts