Brand Cops

I received this email a few days ago:
WITHOUT PREJUDICE: Amazon United States

Dear Lex Dealhouse,

We are contacting you as we have been appointed by Jaybird LLC of 3676 W California Ave STE A-111, Salt Lake City UT 84104 USA, to monitor and investigate the sales of Jaybird products on Amazon.com Marketplace from resellers that are not recognised by Jaybird LLC.

Jaybird LLC needs to ensure that any product that is being sold as their brand is genuine and sourced from a legitimate channel. We have tracked that you have listed 1 Jaybird product over the past 30 days.

However, Jaybird LLC do not recognise you as an official Jaybird reseller so they cannot verify your stock at this stage.

If you believe that you are an official reseller, please reply to this email within 2 working days to let us know where you source your Jaybird stock from. We will then go back to Jaybird LLC to confirm this.

If you are not an official reseller then please remove your listing and let us know when you have done so and we can close this case without having to take further action.

Jaybird - Freedom F5 In-Ear Wireless Headphones - Carbon - JayBird - $129.95 (B01EHIQASQ)

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Tina Perry

Brand Executive
Brandcops Ltd.

Brandcops Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Registration No. 08761404, VAT Number: GB189316179. Registered Offices: Pinnacle House, First Floor, 31 Cross Lances Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW3 2AD, England

Is this legitimate or a competitor? I’m an authorized seller but since I know Amazon likes to shoot first and ask questions later, I closed the listing.

It is legitimate. All you need to do is delete the listing from your inventory and you should be fine.

Yes, they are a legit monitoring company and monitor sales on Amazon and Ebay as well as other websites.

Jaybird is featured as one of their customers on their website.

That took 30 seconds to find out.

See related case [https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=3380998|https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=3380998]

Edited by: akdy on Feb 16, 2017 3:13 PM

So: Are you an authorized seller or not?
If so, send your brand-authorized wholesaler invoice copies to the complainant.

If not, reply that you have deleted all Jaybird products and will never sell that brand again.

+“I’m an authorized seller but since I know Amazon likes to shoot first and ask questions later, I closed the listing.”+

If he is an authorized seller as he states, why should he have to take down his listings? Amazon isn’t the entity questioning “authorized” status, Jaybird’s hired gun is. Why not wait until/if Amazon asks the same question and then provide invoices?

Because I’m well aware of how amazon operates. I’m sure you can do everything 100% correct and still get suspended so I’d rather play it safe, take down the listing, and then prove I’m authorized.

closed #9