user profile
Sign in
user profile

Boyfriend buys from 3p seller, ships to girlfriend

by Seller_r65unJ3QYEA6o

Selling here for over 12 years as 3 P seller. Since I have gotten so many scam buyers purchasing then shipping to another person’s address I send all my packages via “priority mail”. I also buy and pay for “signature conformation”, USPS on Amazon’s check out. Are you aware that even though you pay for “signature conformation” the USPS (due to covid policy) may deliver and leave the package without the recipient signing for it? I was surprised by this USPS policy. I just spoke to an official in Queens, NY. who told me of this policy. So, I pay for nothing. How could I prove a package was delivered if the USPS wont even do what they are charging for. Got to love this!

Tags: Shipping, USPS
101 replies
101 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_mUAFSHRNpTAio
In reply to: Seller_r65unJ3QYEA6o's post

you will find that with all shippers now UNLESS you use ADULT signature required and even that is not a guarantee

user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN

Which was why many buy shipping thru Amazon and do not use signature confirmation.

user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp

How much are these orders? Unless $75 or more (some would say much more) you are probably wasting money.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

You are wasting your money by doing both. Amazon’s Buy Shipping alone should cover it.

Carriers are supposed to see someone to clear a signature needed request. Now have some gotten lax because they can hit the button and sign covid???

If any shipper is ignoring the requirement and taking $$ for it, that would be a class action lawsuit.

user profile
Seller_hA060q8nqygew

Are you aware that even though you pay for “signature conformation” the USPS (due to covid policy) may deliver and leave the package without the recipient signing for it?

This has been the policy among all the carriers for close to a year now.

@Rushdie posted the USPS info for you.

Here is what UPS says -

user profile
Seller_qsjXhUS6U3FXD

If USPS is not going to get a signature when a customer has paid to get a signature then they should not be offering signature confirmation!

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Rushdie made me go back and look at the original post. This does not state leave without a seeing a person.

I can guarantee you that I signed for a package this morning when the FedEx guy asked for my name. We are a business and I think everything from FedEx to a commercial address gets a signature.

user profile
Seller_zxNzQHz0goO6U

Signature confirmation is a waste of money. Especially since covid. USPS, UPS and Fedex do not get direct signatures anymore. They are supposed to confirm who the person was they handed it to though. Doubt it happens much of the time. Some have even admitted to me in conversation they will drop it at the door and enter the persons name as confirmation.

We have also lost cases anyway where a signature confirmation was obtained so we only require it for $1,000+ orders and even then you have a high chance of it being fruitless.

On a side note, if I purchased something off of Amazon for $50 and the seller sent it to me with signature required I would be quite mad. I have had some sellers send it sig con for a $20 item. Makes no sense and is a waste of my time being around for the package delivery or picking it up. We also had many buyers who would complain when we use to do it for $150 plus.

We do not have many INR claims and the ones we do have we can usually get our UPS account executive to reimburse us for it.

user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp

Sent an $800 book two weeks ago with sig tracking.
The first delivery was unsuccessful as no one was there to sign, which means you don’t want it left on the porch.
The second attempt tracking said “Your item was delivered at 4:11 pm on March 1, 2021 The item was signed for by” followed by name.

user profile
Seller_bz9tSNzB0u5aC

Incomplete though lol

Go to original post