user profile
Sign in
user profile

BEWARE of PACKAGES FORWARDING COMPANY "EMPTY BOX" ONLY SCAM

by Seller_mOFLvsorG1Hu2

RE : PACKAGES FORWARDING COMPANY
Only wanting to keep Sellers safe from an “EMPTY BOX” scam I had to deal with an A-Z. Take Plenty of pics of your (marked) item with visible order # & address too!
PACKAGES FORWARDING COMPANY ADDRESS IS
18432 NE SANDY BLVD
PORTLAND, OR 97230 - ONLY wanted to keep Sellers safe from an “EMPTY BOX” scam that I had to deal with and don’t want anyone else having to go thru the same fraudulent behavior no doubt.

In the 12 years I’ve been selling here on Amazon, this is the 1st EMPTY BOX SCAM for me.
A packages forwarding company emailed Amazon/me claiming “Received wrong item” ‘i have received this parcel which only (*.*kg), did you send me the empty box?’

Luckily I had an overabundance of proof, pictures of my marked item along with visible order#&full address with all the weird forwarding package numbers, filed police report, postal fraud investigation opened & screenshots of proof of weight(s) of figure/base/sword only and fully-boxed from multiple sellers as well as the weight from Amazon’s Product Page.

This Forwarding Packages Company I also found on The Ebay Community Forum as well with his exact words were ‘I RECEIVED EMPTY BOXNO ANY ITEMS’&‘YOU DID WRONG THINGSNOTHING IN THE SHIPPING BOX’ of another high-end item he claimed he received only an empty box.

I’m sure there are many Sellers both on Ebay & here on Amazon that have been possibly fine with sending shipments…but KINDLY PLEASE JUST BE AWARE THAT if you do get an order with a bunch of weird numbers after a name and another line of weird numbers UNDER THIS ADDRESS AS WELL TOO, ABOVE ALL AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL “THIS ADDRESS” YOU SHOULD Kindly take THE TIME to take More Pics & get more proof than normal & DEFINITELY TAKE pics of your item w/visible order# & address & such. BEST WISHES & MUCH LOVE TO YOU! HAPPY SELLING & HAPPY SUMMER!

Tags: Buy Box, Images, Pricing
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_mWZyJunCxCR84
In reply to: Seller_mOFLvsorG1Hu2's post

The empty box scam is not uncommon and it is not just FF companies. Awhile back a few postal carriers were busted for stealing items from packages and sent those packages to the intended recipient. There is no proof to who could have done it to your package.

user profile
Seller_l3jL3omwmUvKT

Someone tried to order using the same shipping address. I felt that the address looked strange and after some searching I found multiple reports of scams using this address.

I cancelled the order. Amazon will ding me, but at least i’m not getting dinged. so as far as I am concerned amazon can kick rocks.

user profile
Seller_HLPfLRYCHy0qc

hey just 2 orders from them same item 2 different orders, what is your suggestion

user profile
Seller_osb33rS0xBpyo

jdyeah - how did you research those addresses?

user profile
Seller_9QajPfEdoXd14

Thank you! In two days I’ve had two orders with nearly identical address types, both for very-high-ticket items. I’m glad I haven’t shipped either yet. Losing them would wipe or a month’s net profit. I’m glad I saw this thread on my Seller Central page.

user profile
Seller_yKsH1VcZkLlOV

What about file a complaint with IC3.GOV ?

user profile
Seller_qyC6doIzSrwXc

Amazon also has a policy that we are not responsible for losses with freight forwarders. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910550

user profile
Seller_0IDPUgBsNa35F

Thanks for the info.

The empty box scam is one of the rarer scams we’ve come across.

We see more of the “returning something old and used scam”.

You don’t really have much recourse here on Amazon.

eBay guarantees minimum 50% restocking and removal of any negative feedback in this instance.

Most of the time they fund the order themselves.

user profile
SEAmod

Hello @jdyeah and other sellers who posted here recently.

Moderators are locking this thread because it is a necro thread and should not have been revived 5 months after the last post.

You can always refer to an old thread by linking to it, but you should start a new topic.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Susan

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post