Bad Review How to Contact Customer

Hi, so I got a bad review. 1st one in over a year. Just wondering, Amazon always says to reach out to the customer to see if you can work it out to get them to remove it. But how do you know which customer left the review? It’s just a made up name on the review that doesn’t match anything from my shipped orders. In the meantime I contacted Amazon since the review uses a profanity which is supposedly against guidelines but not holding my breath on that outcome.

That “reach out” advice is meant more for feedback than for product review.

Very seldom are product reviews removed due to seller reporting. Almost never.

And the anonymity is intentional. Buyers are free to use any name for their reviews.

Not on reviews … that is only for Feedback.

Asking about removing a review is against policy.

Leave it alone, bad review from a confirmed purchase, if you contact for review removal you will get a negative feedback, if you contact after negative feedback you will receive A-Z claim, if you dispute A-Z claim you will receive a charge back. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the advice. But as I said I contacted support before I jumped on this forum.
So this was Amazons response thus far:

Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

Thank you for providing us the link.

I understand that you wanted to remove the review associated with ASIN: xxxxxxxxxxx.

I would you like to inform that Amazon has a dedicated team to remove customer reviews and so I have forwarded your contact to the team that owns customer reviews. The team that owns this feature is outside of Seller Support and does not use the case system. So your case will appear closed in Seller Central.

This team generally completes investigations within 24 hours. If this team needs additional information to complete their investigation, they will reach out to you directly. If you doesn’t receive a response even after 48 hours, you can contact our customer review team by writing an email to community-help@amazon.com.

For more information search Seller Central Help for “Customer Product Reviews.”

It has been a pleasure serving you today. I wish you good health and success in all your future endeavors.

Have a nice day!​

To help us continually improve, we ask that you take a moment to complete our survey below to tell us about your experience with this specific interaction.

Reviews don’t get removed without a really good reason. The seller not liking the fact that they got a negative review is not cause to remove a review, especially a verified purchase review.

Policy states that you can not ask a customer to remove or edit a product review. The best you can do is leave a comment on the review, hope the buyer sees it, and hope they decide to edit the review if you are able to resolve whatever issue they had with the product (perhaps offer a replacement if the review leads you to believe the customer may have received a defective unit).

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.