January 05, 2015 06:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–(NASDAQ: AMZN) - Amazon today announced that sellers on Amazon sold a record-setting more than 2 billion items worldwide in 2014. The number of sellers on Amazon adopting the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service to help scale their businesses and delight customers with Amazon’s award-winning fulfillment and customer service also grew more than 65 percent year-over-year worldwide. There are currently more than 2 million sellers on Amazon worldwide that account for over 40 percent of the total units sold on Amazon.
“It’s been a record-setting year for selling on Amazon. We’re seeing strong growth from sellers listing their items across our global marketplaces. In fact, there are now more than a billion offers for customers to browse from sellers who are listing items for sale outside their home country,” said Peter Faricy, VP for Amazon Marketplace. “The growth of mobile and the introduction of the Amazon Seller App have also been a big win for sellers this year. Sellers are constantly telling us they value the flexibility of managing their businesses on-the-go from their tablets and mobile devices.”
Sellers on Amazon around the world continue to adopt FBA, a service that enables sellers to have Amazon store and ship their products directly to customers while offering Amazon Prime benefits, FREE shipping, simple exporting to customers around the world, streamlined cross-border trade, easy returns and award-winning Amazon customer service. For small and medium businesses, Amazon Payments has expanded the availability of Login and Pay with Amazon, providing hundreds of millions of customers a fast, easy and secure way to pay on thousands of websites, using the information already stored in their Amazon accounts.
2014 Amazon Services Growth
• In 2014, more than 2 billion units worldwide were ordered on Amazon from sellers with businesses of all sizes.
• In 2014, active sellers worldwide using the FBA service grew more than 65 percent year-over-year.
• FBA units shipped worldwide grew more than 50 percent year-over-year during the 2014 holiday season.
• Sellers on Amazon from more than 100 different countries around the world fulfilled orders to customers in 185 countries using the FBA service.
• China and Hong Kong-based sellers with international sales grew 80 percent year-over-year.
• Product selection available through FBA on the Amazon.in (India) marketplace more than tripled year-over-year.
• Holiday deals offered by sellers on Amazon worldwide grew more than 250 percent year-over-year during the 2014 holiday season.
• Units sold by sellers on Amazon worldwide offering holiday deals grew more than 400 percent year-over-year during the 2014 holiday season.
• On Cyber Monday, more than 16 million units were ordered worldwide from sellers on Amazon.
Rest of press release -