user profile
Sign in
user profile

Are you able to target certain states with advertising?

by Seller_H7VsB7XWywDv6

Can you choose geographical locations for sponsored product ads? Thanks!

Tags: Advertising
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
In reply to: Seller_H7VsB7XWywDv6's post

I have not personally found that functionality within my Campaign options, but I wonder if you could “sorta” try this by using locations as keywords.

user profile
Seller_dSafOKkUEIWAQ
In reply to: Seller_H7VsB7XWywDv6's post

You can target by Marketplace (ie USA/Mexico/Canada) but you aren’t currently able to target by state.

I discussed excluding states/regions with some other sellers at the recent Amazon Seller Summit in Florida and they made a good point about not excluding locations.

I made the case that if I sold coats - I wouldn’t want my ad showing up to someone in Florida because no one wears a coat in Miami - but they made the case that if they had to travel north in the winter time - they are going to be search for coats to buy from Florida.

Overall - we just have to trust that our ads will only be served in relevant searches so geographical location shouldn’t matter as much. I know some want to avoid sales in certain states to avoid sales taxes but at the end of the day I think trying to do that is more hassle than it would be worth.

If your ACOS is high because a search term means two different things in multiple regions (ie soda/pop/coke) then try creating multiple campaigns specifically targeted to regional search terms so they don’t cross each other and drain your budget. Make sense?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post