Anyone receiving strange errors with "GetPrepInstructionsForSKU" this afternoon?

Errors just started a few hours ago – getting strange errors with “GetPrepInstructionsForSKU”
never had them before… notices about “validation errors detected” with “preferredPrepDetailList”… strange thing we are only passing SKUs and addresses to get prep instructions.

-John

MWS error "Invalid request during APS call!"

In the future make sure to add which API you are referring to. Have you tried troubleshooting with scratchpad? How many SKU’s are you trying per request? Do you have a detailed response sample?

http://docs.developer.amazonservices.com/en_US/fba_inbound/FBAInbound_GetPrepInstructionsForSKU.html

https://mws.amazonservices.com/scratchpad/index.html

Hi –

Can you please clarify what you mean by “which API”? In my title I mentioned “GetPrepInstructionsForSKU” as the API request command – do you mean “FulfillmentInboundShipment” as the API?

In this particular case I am listing three SKUs – but we have tried various different SKUs and quantities (all small). Our internally designed tool has not changed in years and the errors only started this afternoon. I am the sole programmer as well (so no-one else would have changed the code).

An example error is below – it’s very strange. We are not passing “preferredPrepDetailList” parameters.

Thanks
-John

Sender
InvalidRequestException
com.amazon.fba.exception.InvalidRequestException: 7 validation errors detect
ed: Value ‘ITEM_SETCREAT’ at ‘preferredPrepDetailList.8.member.prepType’ failed to sa
tisfy constraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM
_POLYBAGGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]
; Value ‘ITEM_BOXING’ at ‘preferredPrepDetailList.9.member.prepType’ failed to satisf
y constraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_POL
YBAGGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]; Va
lue ‘ITEM_RMOVHANG’ at ‘preferredPrepDetailList.10.member.prepType’ failed to satisfy
constraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_POLY
BAGGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]; Val
ue ‘ITEM_CAP_SEALING’ at ‘preferredPrepDetailList.11.member.prepType’ failed to satis
fy constraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_PO
LYBAGGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]; V
alue ‘ITEM_DEBUNDLE’ at ‘preferredPrepDetailList.12.member.prepType’ failed to satisf
y constraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_POL
YBAGGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]; Va
lue ‘ITEM_SETSTK’ at ‘preferredPrepDetailList.13.member.prepType’ failed to satisfy c
onstraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_POLYBA
GGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]; Value
‘ITEM_SUFFOSTK’ at ‘preferredPrepDetailList.14.member.prepType’ failed to satisfy co
nstraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_POLYBAG
GING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]</Messag
e>

XXXXXXX

According to MWS API Section is FulfillmentInboundShipment and GetPrepInstructionsForSKU is the operation. This is pertinent information to make troubleshooting faster.

Also if the response is in XML please use the </> button to format the text or else it is garbled.

Hoping this fixes XML output thanks (trying the </> option:

<ErrorResponse xmlns="http://mws.amazonaws.com/FulfillmentInboundShipment/2010-1
0-01/">
  <Error>
    <Type>Sender</Type>
    <Code>InvalidRequestException</Code>
    <Message>com.amazon.fba.exception.InvalidRequestException: 7 validation errors detect
ed: Value \'ITEM_SETCREAT\' at \'preferredPrepDetailList.8.member.prepType\' failed to sa
tisfy constraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM
_POLYBAGGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]
; Value \'ITEM_BOXING\' at \'preferredPrepDetailList.9.member.prepType\' failed to satisf
lue \'ITEM_RMOVHANG\' at \'preferredPrepDetailList.10.member.prepType\' failed to satisfy
 constraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_POLY
BAGGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]; Val
ue \'ITEM_CAP_SEALING\' at \'preferredPrepDetailList.11.member.prepType\' failed to satis
fy constraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_PO
LYBAGGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]; V
alue \'ITEM_DEBUNDLE\' at \'preferredPrepDetailList.12.member.prepType\' failed to satisf
lue \'ITEM_SETSTK\' at \'preferredPrepDetailList.13.member.prepType\' failed to satisfy c
onstraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_POLYBA
GGING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]; Value
 \'ITEM_SUFFOSTK\' at \'preferredPrepDetailList.14.member.prepType\' failed to satisfy co
nstraint: Member must satisfy enum value set: [ITEM_BUBBLEWRAP, ITEM_TAPING, ITEM_POLYBAG
GING, ITEM_LPN_LABELING, ITEM_HANG_GARMENT, ITEM_LABELING, ITEM_BLACK_SHRINKWRAP]</Messag
e>
  </Error>
  <RequestId>XXXXXX</RequestId>
</ErrorResponse>

From the looks of it looks like the issue is most likely Amazon’s. I would create a support ticket with the request and response information.

Thanks – hoping that is the case.

Appreciate the tips – I’ll post reply if I hear back from support.

-John

I am having the exact same error. We did not have this problem yesterday for the same sku. I also used the scratchpad to test GetPrepInstructionsForAsin with the ASIN for the sku and get an error saying my ASIN list is empty.

I opened a ticket. Hopefully we hear back soon.

I did the same test and got the same error. Hence why I suggested to open a support ticket as there isn’t even a way to troubleshoot.

I’m still trying to get the support case opened – they keep asking for more information before they escalate – which I provide then they ask for more.

This morning the issue is still occurring and they have not even escalated it yet. Very frustrating. :frowning:

-John

Prep Instruction Retrieval Errors?

The same issue here, hope they will fix that ASAP…

Same issue here I have opened a case on it as well

No update on my attempts to escalate yet – only a message back from support that they have forwarded it to the appropriate team. No confirmation of the issue or any timeline.

We can’t inbound as we rely on this request.

If anyone here has not opened a case on this, please do to help escalate. I chose the “urgent” option as well.

-John

Just got confirmation another large seller seeing similar issues.

They suggested trying the same call “by ASIN” – which I did try…

I wound up getting a completely different error when trying that both through software + through scratchpad:

"validation error detected: Value null at ‘asinList’ failed to satisfy constraint: Member must not be null"

I also received the same error when I tried to call by ASIN

Just received an update from tier 2 support.

They had a glitch on deployment of some software and have rolled back to an older version as of about 5:15 PM EST today.

This seems to have fixed the “ForSKU” call however I am still getting errors on the “ForASIN” call (which luckily I don’t need).

Everyone else if you can let me know if you are seeing any issues with SKU or ASIN calls?

-John

GetPrepInstructionsForSKU is now working here, GetPrepInstructionsForAsin still returns the same error you are getting.

Yes, GetPrepInstructionsForSKU is working again!