user profile
Sign in
user profile

Anyone else getting potential pricing error listing deactivation's for items that are PROPERLY priced?

by Seller_6fHFbxxC3oroU

Started yesterday. List keeps growing. Items (books) are priced fairly? Anyone else?

Tags: Listings, Pricing
104 replies
104 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_RCPC7U4OBXPVe
In reply to: Seller_6fHFbxxC3oroU's post

Yep, here too

user profile
Seller_SIh7OVnXeeNpy

This is a huge issue for us and has been for two weeks. Seller support has not been helpful.

We are at 5,000 deactivated listings currently. All of our listings have minimum and maximum prices set. All of our listings are within the range.

We reprice our items several times a day using the price and quantity file, and the items remain inactive for pricing error.

Does anyone have a solution?

user profile
Seller_nkBcHPWfscgWg
user profile
Seller_fY09PG5ACkEOf

Yep Hopefully they will fix that when they fix the issue with customers being able to leave feedback SEAMOD

user profile
Seller_FS7qM2mkrmDb8

Yes. This is happening on multiple book listings of ours. These are competitively priced, all under $35

user profile
Seller_6fHFbxxC3oroU

Thanks everyone for letting me know I’m not the only one! Hope it’s corrected soon!

user profile
Seller_6fHFbxxC3oroU

I tried something a few minutes ago and it seemed to finally remove them from stranded inventory. Went to pricing tab. Then fix price alerts. Then reactivate. Going this route looks like it worked for me. (SO FAR)

user profile
Seller_QlJULNNxWrIqD

Mine are doing the same thing, luckily for us its only 12-15 listings, for now, but its frustrating because I have reactivated them multiple times. I opened a case, but to see that this is happening to others too, worries me…

user profile
Seller_O1UFNr1zG3VPh

Ditto, Open case with canned responses that say we are working on it.

user profile
Seller_SIh7OVnXeeNpy

Amazon is experimenting with a new algorithm related to the Amazon Marketplace Fair Pricing Policy.

There has been no announcement of a change in policy but they are making a big change anyway and have apparently decided that announcements are no longer necessary to make when implementing major changes.

This algorithm that they’re implementing causes SKUs to become “inactive” due to “Potential high pricing error.”

The algorithm is triggered when a SKU is repriced, listed, relisted, created, or otherwise edited. If you have an old listing out there and don’t reprice it won’t be removed. For example see ASIN 013359131X. The low price is $73.00. I tried creating a listing for around $66. Moments after it was created it became “inactive” due to “Potential high pricing error.”

This is a high priority bug on Amazon’s part. Please contact them and let them know if it’s a problem for you.

This algorithm they’ve implemented is in effect an invisible price ceiling. Your listings will be made inactive if you price above it but there’s no practical way to know where it is. I could figure out where the ceiling was but it would involve trial by error and a lot of repricing. And then knowing where it is may not mean much because where Amazon has the ceiling set is a surely variable. We’re shooting in the dark at a moving target.

Here’s another fun fact about this bug. Since it only happens when a sku is repriced, listed, relisted, or editted, if you buy an item that is above the ceiling and then cancel the order Amazon will then make that seller’s listing inactive. This happens because Amazon automatically relists items after cancellations of this nature so basically you can trigger a relisting of any seller’s sku where Amazon has implemented this price ceiling and where the seller offer price is above the ceiling.

This is ridiculous and has been going on since the beginning of the month.

If this is impacting you please let Amazon know. This is a huge bug that’s not good for Sellers or Buyers on Amazon.

Go to original post