Anyone able to help me activate a seller account?

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to create and activate a new seller account as my old one expired. However, this process has proven to be quite difficult. I keep getting denied to activate the seller account. I have submitted proof of utility, banking information, and credit card information. Not sure why I keep getting denied.

After doing some research here is what I found:

So, here is what I would like to try.

Since I have a Chinese name, they might just assume I am another fraud scammer or something. I’m not. I’m just an honest seller. But, because of my name they might think it’s a fake account and will not let me create and activate an account.

Can someone here create a seller account and let me know how long it takes to get activated and then if it works, maybe we can work something out to just give me the activated account and I will replace it with my own banking and financial information?

–Patrick

It is not your name.

It is probably your documents.

They must match and meet the specified requirements.

No one of this forum will assist you in fraud.

There are many long threads with hints on how to make sure your documents are in order.

There are many more recently active threads than the one you found.

There is no reason to repeat what is readily available.

Are you trying to open a 2nd account? Never heard of an account “expiring”.

This has come up several times, over the past couple of years.

Apparently, unused, older accounts are showing as “deactivated” and Seller Support’s “advice”, is to open a new account. In a few cases, of very old accounts, they were correct; however 99% of the time, they are giving erroneous advice to the applicant.

@Patrick_s_Storefront, please read: Info: Why was my account suspended, immediately after registration?

@Lake, no I’m not trying to commit any fraud, however, I just realized what I wanted to do won’t work anyways, because apparently if you chance bank account info, that will lock up the account as well.

@old_marine, here is the message I got when from Amazon when trying to log into my seller account:

"Seller Account Closed
We noticed that it’s been a while since youve had any transactions on your
Amazon seller account associated with this email address. Because of the
inactivity, we have closed this seller account.

Your buyer account is not affected.

We appreciate that you chose Amazon as a selling channel, and wed be
delighted to see you return. "

I tried to contact seller support and this was their response:
"
Dear Seller,

Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

We understand that you would like to restore your terminated seller account.

I determined that your seller account was terminated more than 28 days back. Unfortunately, we are unable to restore seller accounts which were terminated more than 4 weeks ago. It has been 391 days since the account was closed.

We encourage you to open a new seller account on Amazon if you wish to continue selling. You can use the same email address from the terminated account to open a new account."

However, when I tried to create a new account using the same email address, they just flat out told me that is wrong and that message has never been fixed.

So, I tried to create a new account about some time last year, but was having trouble. After a bit of frustration because they just did not want to activate my account, I just gave up.

However, now I really wish to sell again and created another account, but used some of the information from the account that was having difficulty, and so they just won’t let me sell here.

I have called the Amazon seller support multiple times but all they do is say they will send an email escalation letter on my behalf to have them look into the situation only to never be heard from again…

I am really at a loss here. I just want to get back to being a seller here just trying to make an honest buck. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? Thanks.

Why are you trying to revive a dead account? Whether or not you are trying to hijack someone else’s great reputation, Amazon doesn’t want to let the packs of ravenous dog scammers take over inactive accounts.

So just start from scratch and open a new one. Its not hard if you are legit. Its done everyday.

Hope this helped.

Take a moment and call Seller Support and ask to speak to someone at the Captive Team. Hopefully they can assist you. I don’ t see Amazon denying you the opportunity to sell here, it seems possibly something you have submitted is not sufficient or doesn’t match up. Quite a bit of the information “reviewed” is done by bot, my guess is something isn’t matching up, or the bot is catching something in error and denying you access.
Hopefully a call to someone with some ability to assist will be helpful.
Best to you.

If you received a notice like this, you can indeed open a new Seller Account, without having to ask for a prior permission.

However, as you can see, you are being treated no differently than any other new seller, whose information raised suspicion and require additional verification.

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.