Any plan to provide MWS C# libraries on NuGet?

I work on a system that utilizes amazon MWS C# client libraries in several places. I recently ran into some issues regarding api changes that weren’t readily visible (certain request parameters becoming deprecated and no longer affecting the request), and while there was a new client library provided, it was much more complicated than it needed to be to be informed of the library update and apply said update to the various projects that depended on it. And because there wasn’t this better way to be informed of said updates it results in situations like mine, where we aren’t made aware of possible breaking changes made to an API we rely on until it actually breaks running processes in production and caused us to lose money because we couldn’t send/receive the correct information with the API anymore.

Still requiring developers to navigate a confusing site to find the correct .zip file and download it, unpack it, and make sure that the dlls are copied into the appropriate projects is quite annoying. And unless I’m just not searching the correct terms, I do not see these libraries (e.g. FBAInboundServiceMWS,MarketplaceWebService`, etc.) available in any form on NuGet, which has been robust and heavily utilized in the .NET community for years.

Many other Amazon packages are available there and have been for some time now, why not any of these?

+1 to this question. To put out a huge number of nuget libraries and then not publish the ones that sellers need (even though the core is published) seems like someone just wanted to have an early Friday. I know there is a non-amazon related published version of it but I would rather use the code provided by Amazon rather than trusting a 3rd party.

Is it a cost issue? Did nuget double their price overnight or something and I didn’t notice? Did the dev’s forget where the checkbox is for “Generate NuGet package on build”?

I think you are confusing third party packages that have published their own libraries for MWS rather than Amazon themselves publishing them. The only official place to get client libraries from Amazon is through the developer portal.

NuGet is just a package manager for the .NET folk. The AWS libraries that Amazon distributes on that site are from a different side of the company. Might as well be a completely different company.

MWS does have an official Amazon C# client library, (along with Java and PHP) but it is limited to a very old style distribution. https://developer.amazonservices.com/csharpclients

If it is easier to create the NuGet wrapper for the api then it is to maintain the client library manually in your projects, then do it yourself if you can’t trust the volunteers. There really haven’t been that many updates over the years.

In the end, MWS can be called directly (without use of any of the client libraries) if there are issues with a client library, or for those of us using other languages.

Amazon doesn’t seem very interested in expanding MWS api use lately, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for distribution niceties.

The general point is that they maintain nuget packages for almost everything, except for the one or two items. It’s not really a leap to put in that extra little push for the final packages. I do maintain a local repository of code for 3rd party vendors that I have to update frequently enough which takes away from development time. If the MWS was there then I could just do updates with the rest of the nuget apps (mostly Microsoft ones, and a few support) without having to find the most current vendor specific ones on their sites, download, put into the project, etc.

There is a nuget package out there but it’s by a third party so I don’t feel comfortable using that directly.

Amazon has several published nuget packages from their source (266 of them - https://www.nuget.org/profiles/awsdotnet) unless someone is openly claiming to be Amazon without any recourse from Amazon (which is possible, just not probable).

I think they have gone a long way to helping their community for some api tools, but the seller tools they seem to have dropped the ball on.

I think you missed our point. AWS libraries are handled much differently than MWS, by a completely different side of Amazon. You keep mixing the two.