user profile
Sign in
user profile

Angry customer doesn't want to return product for refund

by Seller_OiNI4UkvDpmJy

Hello everyone, hope you’re having a great new year. So I sold two video games to a customer, she claims one of them are defective. I apologized and asked her to ship it back, and because there is no way to offer a prepaid shipping label directly through Amazon’s website, I told her I would reimburse her up to 5$, the average cost to ship a DVD case with USPS is 3-5$. She refused and said it would cost 13$, so I then decided to purchase a label outside of Amazon and emailed it to her (which cost me 2.96$ btw). She then says, well I don’t have any printer or any way of using one, so I sent the following message.

Hello valued customer, in order to return the product the label will need to be printed, if you have an office store near your location most office stores will print out documents for around 0.10-0.25$ a page. Or a similar label can be made at the USPS for around 3$ and If you purchase the shipping yourself, we can reimburse you the shipping costs.

She then sends me this message,

Ok here’s the deal…I got a messed up product that doesn’t work and, thus
far, you want to do whatever it takes to make ME do all the work to get my
screwed up product back to you. I’m not playing that game. So I’ll just
forget about the refund because no matter what I’m gonna lose most of it
trying to get it to you. But know this: I will NEVER buy anything from your
company again, and I will advise all my family and friends to do the same.
Have a crappy day, you slimy little snakes.

Should I respond? What should I do? kind of scared to receive negative feedback at this point. But I don’t know what else I could have done better.

Tags: INR (item not received), Lost shipment, Shipping, Shipping costs, Shipping labels, USPS
154 replies
154 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C
In reply to: Seller_OiNI4UkvDpmJy's post

Hello,

Just return your item for a refund based upon amazon return policy.

Best Regards,
Customer Support.

You have an activist buyer. That should be your one and only message to them.

It would be in your best interest to turn on automated returns so they can get a label. Now that person will possibly go on social media and spread the word how easy it is to get free stuff from you.

user profile
Seller_qTJiCxRI8PpIZ

I agree with @Skeeter. If you’re super frustrated, write out your anger, delete it, then write exactly what skeeter says and nothing more. If they respond again, report them or tell them to contact Amazon customer support.

user profile
Seller_hXiz9WEBcgZSC

Dear Customer,

Attached to this message is a prepaid return shipping label. If you prefer, we can mail a physical shipping label to you that you can use to return your order. Once the order is returned, we will issue a full refund for your order. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Seller

Keep it simple and professional. If you get any other responses outside of asking for a physical label to be mailed, reply with the exact same message.

user profile
Seller_hA060q8nqygew

Have a crappy day, you slimy little snakes.

I disagree with everyone else. I would stop helping this person immediately, but my account can weather a negative feedback and I don’t tolerate bad behavior for fear of receiving one.

I would respond, because my nature says people like this should realize their actions are offensive, and say something like -

Although we have handled your request in accordance with all Amazon policies, we will be unable to assist you any further in light of this message.

Amazon’s Terms of Service require that all communication adhere to these terms:
You may post reviews, comments, photos, videos, and other content; send e-cards and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable

You can review Amazon’s Terms of Use here -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201909000

Then I would report the buyer’s message and leave it at that. Resist the urge to fight back, keep your response free of emotion and totally professional, just politely inform them of the policies and let them wonder for themselves if they’re about to get in trouble with Amazon.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

We here at SLS applaud your buying decision and thank you for that.

Have a nice day!

(then delete before sending)

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

Well, you did kind of make her work. You could have offered to mail her the printed label. What would it have taken you… five minutes? It’s called customer service.

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

Next excuse will be she does not have a box, tape or lives in a multi-unit building and never sees the postal carrier and can’t leave the building because she is on house arrest. Take your pick. You made the effort at least, and it appears the buyer simply does not want to be a reasonable person and return the item. Why? Maybe because the game works just fine. Who knows…

No. The buyer’s message would indicate they are ready to move on without returning the item. Just leave it alone and don’t waste anymore time on it. If the buyer files an A-Z claim, you have proof you sent the buyer a label and attempted to help with the return.

user profile
Seller_NC7QP6M801zv5

Be sure to copy and paste seller support and send them a message so they have a case file started - this way there is record of this matter. Clearly the buyer is trying to get over on you.

Be sure to ask amazon to review the buyer seller messages, so they see first hand that you were trying to rectify this matter - and that the buyer was not reciprocating AT ALL.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

Upthread, Orange Crush asked if you are on the individual plan or professional.

I do not see where this has been answered?

Individual account holders will not have the Amazon provided prepaid labels as an option.

However, I do not know what their return setting screens look like.

user profile
Seller_1SI2WUvvnzLny

they are going to tell their family to remember your store name and avoid it for eternity? LOL Just mark it as no response needed and move on. The product probably works and they just want their damn money back. Slimy snakey buyer. Since they dont want a refund for it, just move on. Happy selling!

Go to original post