"Amazon's Choice" Product Badge

What are the qualifications for getting the “Amazon’s Choice” Badge on a product? (Picture attached)

[https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=318800&tstart=0]

Found this from one of the mods.

"+Hi here, Quality Pillow.+

+Thanks for reaching out to us here in Seller Forums.+

+The Amazon’s Choice feature makes product recommendations for searches where we believe customers would like assistance in quickly finding a high-quality product. please keep in mind that we don’t offer Amazon’s Choice for all searches. Amazon’s Choice recommendations are selected by taking a variety of factors into account including popularity, rating and reviews, availability, shipping speed, amongst other factors.+

+There is not currently a means of requesting that your product be selected as Amazon’s Choice for a given search (keyword). Selections are constantly updated, so continuing to offer high quality, well-priced products to your buyers will give you the best chance to be selected as Amazon’s Choice.+

+Thanks again for posting and I hope this information provides a bit of clarification. Have an excellent Thursday and I hope to see more posts from you in the future!+

±Scotty "+

My best seller has it, and I’ve seen much better sales stability since earning it

It is driven by the number of reviews and sales rank, which I believe is why Amazon finally took action on fake reviews. I notice almost all the “Amazon’s choice” products are those that have “in exchange for a discount” reviews attached to them, in otherwords cheap chinese junk.

Amazon continues to reward sellers and products that have gained most of their reviews and sales velocity from buying fake reviews. And they did not remove the fake reviews from sellers who gamed the system. Welcome to the Brave New World.

I wrote Bezos numerous times about the fake reviews over the past couple of years. And they did nothing until it started to hurt their brand because people were not believing in the reviews. Unfortunately Amazon as a company has very little integrity.

I wish there was a better and more honest alternative to Amazon … it honestly has become like a cesspool over the last year. If you don’t cheat you’re going to beaten down. And I don’t cheat and have been beaten down.

Edited by: Planet Pegasus on Oct 27, 2016 7:15 PM

Edited by: Planet Pegasus on Oct 27, 2016 7:15 PM

If this is the case these badges should be pulled. If they are based on fakery then Amazon is risking tarnishing its amazing brand name with “badging” cheap products without vetting them. Consumers I am sure expect that someone at Amazon other than a robot has vetted these products.

“Amazon continues to reward sellers and products that have gained most of their reviews and sales velocity from buying fake reviews. And they did not remove the fake reviews from sellers who gamed the system.”

• False. Amazon does not “reward” sellers who buy fake reviews. Amazon has changed it’s TOS specifically to dis-allow this practice. Amazon has also been removing the “Compensated” reviews. Change takes time. The Amazon.com catalog is Yuge, and removing these reviews is something that would take time, or so I would think. I hope they focus on products that have a high ratio of “compensated” reviews.

Edited by: Licenced 2 Chill on Nov 16, 2016 12:16 PM

My product just recently got the “badge” and I can tell you I don’t have a single fake or paid or even requested review in my list. So I don’t know about everyone else that has that badge but mine is legit, hard earned.

closed #10