Amazon Suspending Seller accounts after creation

I setup a seller account yesterday and got 7 e-mails from amazon today and then got suspended 15 minutes later. Then after that I was charged 40 dollars and asked for my SSN and more documents. The thing is my wife and I are major buyers on amazon for over a decade and in the last 4 years we have bought 1000 items. I am just kinda in shock about the lack of professionalism. My wife had a seller account that was inactive and closed but we cannot even talk to anyone or email anyone about it. The link to re-activate leads to the same page over and over. Tested in chrome and Firefox. And it says to email seller performance but that email response is a canned “make a new account” which is impossible with her email now it seems. So I made one for myself and now it looks like it’s not worth the effort. Makes me want to close our amazon buyer account as well.

I never even logged in yet I got emails including “you changed your payment method” twice.
You are suspended twice. Welcome to amazon sellers. And then take this “survey”. And after suspending me - they billed me.

I am not giving any further information until I find out what I going on over there. Tomorrow we will try to reach Executive team and then maybe go from there. But my wife is super not pleased and says we should leave amazon for good after all this. We have been trying to just sell some of our items we bought over the years from amazon ironically and it seems like sellers are just ignored but our buying is supported.

I setup a seller account yesterday and got 7 e-mails from amazon today and then got suspended 15 minutes later.

This is “why” you were suspended:

Multiple seller accounts: (or “related account”)
Operating and maintaining multiple Seller Central accounts is prohibited. If you have a legitimate business need for a second account, you can apply for an exception to this policy:

My wife had a seller account that was inactive and closed but we cannot even talk to anyone or email anyone about it.

1. New Seller Checklist
  2. Info: Why was my account suspended, immediately after registration?

This isn’t a good idea anyway.

It is rare that a man has a chance to please Amazon and please his wife at the same time.
Go for it.

Wrong. Mainly because we are two different people with two different last names. There is no rule that says two people living at the same address cannot each have a seller account. That would be absurd. Image ebay for only one person per home??

But also because her account was closed for inactivity. There is no way to contact seller performance with an email that is not associated with an existing and active seller account as stated by their cookie cutter responses. We tried calling as well. Amazon is stuck in an endless loop with no ability to create and new seller account under my wife’s email. They must know this or they are incompetent with poor site coding and lack of support. They either don’t care or suck.

I spent a good day reading the forums and learned that seller performance will tell you to create a new account and then often suspends it. Just a joke here. Forums are filled with some clever trolls and the “please your wife go for it” gave me a good laugh. At least I got something out of this with that!

There are 1000s of stores on amazon selling random assorted goods previously bought on amazon. These items are all new. We supported amazon for 20 years and we are done. Best of luck with the nightmare guys :slight_smile:

Everything has been documented and we are waiting for our refund for service not provided. Just want this waste of time over and our refund. Off to the competition with real humans working behind the curtain.

Oh and there are no mods here that actually provide support to users unless it is some kind of rare event. What company has a forum that provides no support? Pretty rare and sad.

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.