Amazon Sponsored Discount is now available for shipping labels on Buy Shipping

I appreciate Amazon with this special offer.
It’s been a great help to Sellers.

I just used it today. It’s very valuable to me. I have some low cost items that are time sensitive and instead of 5-6 days first class shipping that often does not arrive at all. Now I can ship UPS in 2-3 days.
Great move. Thanks.

I have some low cost items that are time sensitive and instead of 5-6 days first class shipping that often does not arrive at all. Now I can ship UPS in 2-3 days.
Great move. Thanks.

What state are you in, if you don’t mind my asking?

I’m in Oregon, and don’t see this being useful to me at all, since my first-class mail packages mostly arrive in 2-3 days nationwide, and UPS Ground Shipping would take 4-5 days to go cross country.

There’s definitely some benefit to some sellers here, but you still have to wonder what prompted Amazon to do it? They don’t do anything purely out of the goodness of their hearts, no matter what people like @TurtleCove might want to believe. :wink:

Not seeing any discounts here yet. Perhaps we can figure out what is more likely to trigger it.

Are you seeing them if you allow Amazon to predict your transit time (whatever that feature is called)? That might be a reason for me to actually switch that on. :wink:

Is it on heavier items? Closer delivery locations?

Yeah that is why I am wondering if it is tied to a new feature or something. Or if Amazon finally decided maybe we should try to get a better discount for our sellers. (Oh I know that should be what they think about every day but understand this IS Amazon we are talking about and if no one had that in their job description, it wouldn’t typically ever happen.)

Not seeing any discounts here yet. Perhaps we can figure out what is more likely to trigger it.

Share your observations in the thread that was opened to discuss this BEFORE Amazon decided to make an announcement about it.

Have to agree here. It makes NO sense as it is implemented.

Businesses are competing on landed prices. While a random discount may be a nice surprise, it doesn’t help anyone plan pricing and shipping if the discounts are random.

I have wondered for years why Amazon is not giving us a much bigger discount on shipping

For example of the disparity between Amazon and eBay on shipping prices:

5 lb box shipped via Fedex 2-day from CA to IN. 13x10x4 inches (12x9x3 rounded up)
$14.85 on eBay.

Same 5 lb box shipped via Fedex 2-day from northern CA to southern CA, a fraction of the distance.
$29.01 on Amazon.

NO carrier account linked for Fedex on either site.

Really, Amazon? Where’s the discount? Is Amazon only paying $14.85 to Fedex, but pocketing the difference?

Get a usps/fedex/usp/pirate ship account & always have a discount 100% of the time instead of playing price is right-with this shipping & it goes away some fool writers weres my stuff & they get their money & the stuff because amazon can’t find your order :rofl:

Waiting 4 the other :mans_shoe: :high_heel: 2 drop

Or if Amazon finally decided maybe we should try to get a better discount for our sellers.

Amazon is a business, and we have to assume their decisions are made to impact their bottom line. ‘Hey, let’s just give some money to our sellers because we’re nice guys’ isn’t going to happen. :laughing:

There is some benefit to Amazon here. Maybe the goal is to pull more sellers into using Buy Shipping. Does Amazon need to pump up the volume of shipments placed with UPS/USPS to keep their low, low, low volume-discounted rates? They’re shipping more of their FBA orders via their own blue vans, so maybe this is it.

Maybe they’re losing too many sellers to EBay/Walmart and are trying to entice more not to leave?

Maybe they’re losing too much label revenue to PirateShip, who added UPS shipping that matched Amazon’s rates last October.

Maybe their FBA business sucks, and they need cash coming in to pad their revenue numbers.

There’s some reason, and it sure ain’t - because we love our sellers and want to make life better for you.

Not a chance in h - e - double toothpicks. :laughing:

For example of the disparity between Amazon and eBay on shipping prices

That’s a special arrangement between eBay and FedEx. Amazon has always offered slightly lower UPS rates than eBay. For USPS, they’re the same. I’m not sure about eBay’s current UPS rates, as PirateShip may have prodded them to change, by matching what Amazon offers.

Can you discount First Class USPS which is more commonly use…

I’ve been looking for this since seeing it here in the forums a few days ago. So far nothing.

Is this for all categories? We sell just media, vinyl, CDs, and cassettes.

Same here. I’ve not seen it offered on any of the 100 or so orders I’ve processed since I first saw mention of this a few days ago. Some sellers have reported getting offers all over the place, though. Things that make you go hmmmm.

This thing is a real joke from what I see. Please explain why I never see a “Discounted Label” option except on items that weigh under 1 lb and must ship 1st Class? So your idea of a “discount” is to upgrade to priority from First Class not save us any money on current practices! Also the discount is exactly 1%, not exciting.

Furthermore…How come I am getting far better rates on Ebay (-5%) and Stamps.Com (-3%) than I am currently seeing from Amazon Buy Shipping? I think you are able to provide the best Postal rates period for packages originating from the United States, but you are not handing the true discounts over :slight_smile:

I am in a perfect spot, near Memphis TN, the central shipping hub.

how heavy was it? and what were the dimensions? I am struggling to find anything better than flat rate for my stuff. Everything weighs 5lbs, 10 lbs, 15, 20, 25, and 50.

How come I am getting far better rates on Ebay (-5%) and Stamps.Com (-3%) than I am currently seeing from Amazon Buy Shipping?

eBay, Amazon, Stamps, PirateShip and similar should all show the same Commercial Base pricing for USPS.

I’ve not seen it offered on any of the 100 or so orders I’ve processed since I first saw mention of this a few days ago.

Me neither. :frowning:

Not that I would use it, as I ship almost everything by first class (cheaper/faster) but I’d like to see it offered to see if I couldn’t figure out what triggers it.

I am in a perfect spot, near Memphis TN

Interesting. That’s actually probably the worst spot, when it comes to USPS shipping. When they first announced the potential slow-downs they were going to implement, several people compared notes and it seems that packages traveling mid-distances were most affected as they were switched to travelling by truck rather than plane.

I’m in Oregon, and my first-class deliveries to eastern addresses are as fast as ever, so still going by plane. It appears that packages traveling around ~1000 miles or so are the ones moving slower. That makes it worse for those of you based in the middle of the country.

If you want to post examples of some of the discounts Amazon is offering you (to/from zip codes, which services were discounted), can you post them in our original thread here -