Amazon selling my brand as sold by and ships from Amazon

Just buy with your Amazon buyer account.

Thank you, I’m just going to contact my attorney since Amazon won’t answer my inquiry. If we have to issue a cease and desist, we will.

Amazon already makes so much money off our product sales, I don’t understand why they’re also selling products we don’t sell on here.

The seller is Amazon. So Amazon would go to our personal website and buy an item and then mark it up on their site?

Why would Amazon list products that are branded if we haven’t signed an FBA agreement? This isn’t another vendor, it’s Amazon themselves. They don’t have this item in stock.

Does anyone know how we can run a test buy that doesn’t violate our seller account?

No one has purchased 30 of these items, ever. No one has ever purchased more than 4. So this isn’t an outside vendor selling to Amazon. This isn’t an existing customer selling to Amazon. This is Amazon.

There was another thread about 10 days ago with a similar incident. Amazon jumped on some brand new items where the manufacturer had not sold to anyone else. The items were test bought and turned out to be super cheap counterfeits. It was suspected that someone had sold the items to Amazon as authentic through Amazon’s vendor system. I would guess that your situation is the same. I stopped following that thread so I don’t know how it ended, but I’m sure you or someone else could find it.

No, it is not against policy, since you are not the seller listing the product - Amazon.com LLC is the seller, not you.

The ONLY way to see what they are in fact shipping, is to do a test buy. It is not against policy and is in fact required to prove the product is either yours or a knock-off.

Edit to add:

This is a copy of exactly what you will receive from Amazon, if you report a violation:

+Hello,+

+When a detail page is created, it becomes a permanent catalog page on Amazon.com that will remain even if the creator’s inventory sells out. Other sellers can list their items for sale against the page if their items match the page exactly.+

+If you believe sellers are listing against detail pages that do not exactly match their items, we ask that you submit your complaint using this form:+

+http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports/contact-us+

+Please include this information in your report, as applicable:+

±- Amazon.com order ID of a test buy that confirms the violation (required)+
±- Brief description of the differences between the item ordered and the item received (required)+
±- ASIN/ISBN of the item’s detail page and the product title+
±- Store or business name of the seller you are reporting+
±- Other evidence that supports your complaint+

+We thoroughly investigate all reports. For privacy reasons, we cannot disclose the results of our investigations, but we will take any disciplinary actions we find appropriate.+

+Regards,+

+Seller Performance Team+
+Amazon.com+
+http://www.amazon.com+

Yep, you have fallen victim to one of the newer counterfeit scams. Chinese hijackers are opening Vendor Express accounts and are selling the counterfeit product to your product directly to Amazon via VE. Amazon appears to not be doing anything to verify the authenticity of what they are buying and from whom. Which has made this counterfeit game even more dangerous! The hijacker has already been paid from Amazon and made their $. It now leaves you to deal directly with Amazon to rid the product off of your listing . I know of some sellers who are dealing with this problem and they say it’s hell dealing with Amazon. Much worse than dealing directly with the hijacker. Amazon needs to start taking this Chinese counterfeiter problem seriously. It’s already gotten out to the mass media and consumers will start taking notice.

But it’s actually Amazon’s responsibility to vet new vendors, and it doesn’t appear they are doing so. Amazon vigorously warns 3P sellers that it’s their responsibility to make sure they are only buying from reputable sources - but then it seems, by many reports, that they are simply willy nilly buying from new Chinese vendors products that don’t have any competing listings other than the brand owner, from which common sense would indicate that they would almost have to be counterfeit.

Amazon has already acknowledged they have a counterfeit problem - so it’s very strange that they are actually making the problem a lot worse themselves by doing the very things they warn 3P sellers not to do to uphold the integrity of their marketplace.

Amazon is selling it. ASIN B016T04V6S

If Amazon ever orders 5000 full price items from my website, I’ll let you know. As of this moment, they’ve ordered none.

If it damages my brand because they sell the product without instructions or support and have unhappy customers, then no, that would not make me happy. Or if they buy products and then try to return them later, that wouldn’t make me happy, either.

We are a well known brand. People approach us all the time wanting to sell our products. We aren’t a company trying to sell quantity, we sell quality. We know our customers and we interact with them. It does us no good if someone buys our product and can’t get it to work right and they have no support and they end up never buying our products again, or giving us bad word of mouth.

Buying your own product through your buyer account is against seller policies.

We’ve been hit a couple times lately. A seller on Ebay came to Amazon and stole all our images and text, then listed all our products. We did a test buy, and the next morning I woke up to a sale on Amazon to myself. They were having us drop ship our own item. I reported this to Amazon and cancelled the sale (because I couldn’t ship to myself and I didn’t order from Amazon) and Amazon penalized us for cancelling the sale.

Seems like Amazon should answer the inquiry though as to where they acquired the products.

>Amazon should suspend itself and require itself to submit a new plan of action so this doesn’t happen again.

Good luck… never gona happen…

Fighting with amazon is futile…

> Report Amazon to Amazon, that’s hilarious.

Sad but true
Because Amazon is so rigidly silo’d into different departments that don’t talk to each other.
A poster last week had a similar experience and succeeded in getting Amazon Seller Performance to take down the Amazon.com listing.

Report Amazon to Amazon, that’s hilarious.

> We did a test buy, and the next morning I woke up to a sale on Amazon to myself.

There is no law against drop shipping or fulfillment from a different channel. Why would you complain if you got your asking price for the item? They are doing marketing for you.

> Seems like Amazon should answer the inquiry though as to where they acquired the products.

Never happen. You want Amazon to disclose their trade secrets?

> Buying your own product through your buyer account is against seller policies.

Sigh.
Buying your own product FROM YOURSELF is against policies.
Buying your or any product from another seller is not against policies.

You need to do a test buy to determine that it is different than yours. Without proof, you have no grounds.

They are selling it because some company said they had the same product and sold it to Amazon as your product. Amazon doesn’t know that it’s not the same product and seem not to have a vetting process nor way to identify whether a company is selling them counterfeit products.

Edited by: Caan on Jul 25, 2016 4:24 PM

It looks like it’s not Amazon that’s selling it but another seller listing it and dropshipping from you. They are not violating any terms if they are buying the product from you to dropship to the customers that order from them.

They are probably listing the product on other venues and using the listing on Amazon as a marker for where they purchase the product from. If you search, you will probably find it listed on other sites such as eBay.

Where did Amazon get such a bad photo of the item? It violates picture requirements which is also ironic.

What you are saying makes no sense. If you are buying inventory from a manufacturer/vendor for sale yourself, it is absolutely your responsibility. Your theoretical Amazon response makes no sense either - “working on your product approval” - there is nothing being approved. We’re not talking about Amazon vetting a seller on the platform, we are talking about vetting your source of inventory that you purchase, own, and sell. Nor are we talking about having to vet every single item from every vendor - that’s silly as well.

Every business and seller knows it is their responsibility to make sure they are buying from a reputable vendor. If you ever get a counterfeit claim on Amazon, Amazon will be the first to re-emphasize this to you, and require you to submit your written plan of making sure you do this moving forward.

I’m not sure why are you disagreeing with this - it is such a basic business fundamental. Every retailer vets their inventory sources - and when a problem arises, especially with counterfeits - they go back and re-evaluate where they went wrong with vetting that particular supplier. You don’t see Best Buy selling tons of counterfeit items in their stores, and saying “Well, it’s not our job to check our vendors”… because that would be ridiculous. Of course it’s their job to do this, and they do, along with every other major retailer.

> But it’s actually Amazon’s responsibility to vet new vendors, and it doesn’t appear they are doing so

No it is not. (and how, exactly, would you propose that Amazon do this? Require samples of each product to be tested at Amazon Labs before they can be listed? I can see it now - “Thank you for your inquiry, I am emailing to let you know that the dedicated team is working on your product approval and should have an answer for you in the next 455 days”)

Amazon does a limited degree of vetting of the seller account in the gated categories, and has instituted testing in the Fine Jewellery category

However for everything else, Amazon quite vigorously says that Intellectual property and contractual distributor agreement are up to the manufacturer / seller to defend on their own brands.