user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Search Not Working? $10M product sales cut in half!

by Seller_ZHCXVRjhBfTln

For the past week, my #1 selling ASIN saw a huge dip in branded / non-branded search rankings.

Previously ranked #1 for branded keywords, the product has dropped to the last search result, with non-relevant products ranking higher. I sell a piece of fitness equipment and now books on “real estate negotiation”, “how to set up Bluetooth” to "reusable straws) are ranking higher. When this happened, the search ranking for the highest volume keyword also dropped simultaneously and no matter the keyword, we would consistently be ranked in the 30th spot.

I’m kind of at a loss for words with what’s happening. Tried everything from updating all attributes so they’re filled out, re-uploading images, making sure the product is in the right category but no luck. Last time @SEAmod helped me out with fixing a similar issue and hoping her or one of the other mods can do the same. Has anyone seen anything similar recently?

@Mimi_Amazon_old, @Pax_Amazon_old, @Katie_Amazon_old, @Cassie_Amazon_old, @Crystal_Amazon_old, @Chris_Amazon

(Chart of our branded keyword ranking - went back to original ranking for 1 day - then reverted to last search result)

Tags: Keywords, Search
595 replies
595 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZHCXVRjhBfTln
In reply to: Seller_ZHCXVRjhBfTln's post

Hello @Karen_Amazon_old

user profile
Seller_T5Mv3ZCUSh7Zl

Bragging or asking something?

If asking ASINs would help. If FBA, it could be a matter of an interruption in logistics internal to Amazon.

user profile
Seller_qIY1zDxKNWKmI

He’s just trying to get attention from the forum MODS, as if they are controlling search rankings.

user profile
Seller_6OMUOUOVkLhf5
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_pcnJJe2H1q9BQ
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

You have to be on top of changes, and not sit back, sounds like you just thought you could ride your previous setup hoping Amazon and other sellers would never change. YOLO gotta get with the Goodyear and the times and update your keywords and ASIN text baby!

user profile
Seller_n4shC9EMd3XuA

Normally 9 times out of ten, when people are crying on these forums that their sales are down, mine are up. But this one time, on this day, they are indeed half of what they should be. Hence my presence on these forums today…heh!

user profile
Seller_1UjgrsBO52hr3

is a drop like that in one day from first to 30th really something that is “natural”? I would expect to see a slow decline as unpopularity sets in…

user profile
Seller_ls8DXXBSge3Uv

It seems like there is something traumatic happening every couple of weeks.
Besides the virus, we have hurricanes, wind storms, tornadoes, floods, fires all over the west, and so
much more that is distracting customers. I’m thrilled that we have any business at
all. Hang in there, things will resolve and well be back to normal. I hope.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Algos are mysteious things…with different agendas

Go to original post