user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon purposely discombobulating standard TimeZones to wreak havoc and mayhem?

by Seller_wCglRGzmL6Y0J

Seller Forums Planned Downtime Alert

We will be putting the Forums in read-only mode for about 2 hours, as follows:

Scheduled Start (EST): Sat 24-Feb-2018 00:00
Scheduled End (EST): Sat 24-Feb-2018 02:00

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

C’mon-----

every , and we mean every other communication from and in regards to Amazon is based on universal Amazon time- as in Pacific Time…

Now, just for this one announcement, they switch to Eastern Standard Time…
We understand of all the things to pick on, this is probably the least consequential-- but when such things as shipment cut-off times, A-Z response times and other time-sensitive actions actually DO matter–

is this not another example of Amazon disregard, purposefully or not, of generally excepted common-sense…?

just sayin’

Tags: A to Z Claims
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_fx17SBVrQqsVV
In reply to: Seller_wCglRGzmL6Y0J's post

What is Paranoia?

Paranoia involves intense anxious or fearful feelings and thoughts often related to persecution, threat, or conspiracy. Paranoia occurs in many mental disorders, but is most often present in psychotic disorders. Paranoia can become delusions, when irrational thoughts and beliefs become so fixed that nothing (including contrary evidence) can convince a person that what they think or feel is not true. When a person has paranoia or delusions, but no other symptoms (like hearing or seeing things that aren’t there), they might have what is called a delusional disorder. Because only thoughts are impacted, a person with delusional disorder can usually work and function in everyday life, however, their lives may be limited and isolated.

user profile
Seller_1pCVoNeDnn06c

Seriously … that’s 9pm to 11pm PST … Definitely NOT terribly convenient.
I agree … Midnight to 2am PST would make more sense.
That’s the middle of the night no matter which time zone you’re in.

user profile
Seller_mWw74g1vfxRhe

My Opinion…

This new forum format(maintenance) is being handled strictly by DISCOURSE’s Toronto’s team – which would be EST.

Jeff A. tells Jeff B. — send me another million, I will try and slow the forum down to Amazon’s previous level.

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Could be more thread users live on the east coast and Amazon teck staff just wanted to let us know they care.

user profile
Seller_ExiM7d2SUiDW2

It’s like they hired this company to implement the 3rd world of message boards, and said “have at!”. Without bothering to talk to them about how business works here. Change for the sake of change and no other obvious reason. At least no good reason… How corporate.

user profile
Seller_ExiM7d2SUiDW2

At some point this forum change existed as a proposal. I would very much like to read the documentation for that proposal.

user profile
Seller_e26s0tsFxML6N

In the US the day begins on the east coast. Not ass backwards. Been there, done that.
If you are on the west coast, go back to sleep, it’s just a dream.

user profile
Seller_oEw5wUNHgJxxP

Works for me, but we sell a time zone map.

Time Zone Converter

Plus it just a forum, 2 hours and it still has read only. Seller Central has been down longer than that.

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

This thread is just proof once again that unless people have something to complain about they just aren’t happy …

Surely on a Friday night we should be doing something other than being on the forums anyway.

Maybe :

• Spend time with significant other
  • Spend time sleeping (ME!)

I think we can live past this … LOL

user profile
Seller_ftSlnIeTTX0Cs

Everyone LOVES standards: Their OWN!!!

Go to original post