user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Pay suspended, iOffer to blame, no idea how to get back on

by Seller_Z7e0ZoicOoiex

I really need some feedback here as to what happened here with my Amazon Pay account and why it was suspended. I have a sellers account which I haven’t been using at this time and a Amazon Pay account which I had attached to several websites, all done with Amazons blessing, and everything has been fine for over a year. I had it attached to iOffer.com and was selling maybe 30 items which were autographed movie posters, lobby cards, some music backstage passes, and a couple of random DVD to round it out. Last year I did a total of $166.00 in sales off this site and never even go to it unless there was a sale.

I received this letter from Amazon last Friday:

We have closed your Amazon Pay account, canceled any pending transactions, and placed a temporary hold on any funds in your account. Any new accounts you open will be closed. We took these actions because your website www.ioffer.com may be in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy. This policy prohibits the sale of counterfeit goods. To learn more about this policy, click the “User Agreement/Policies” link at the bottom of the Amazon Pay site and then click “Acceptable Use Policy” (http://pay.amazon.com/us). We encourage you to take appropriate steps to resolve any pending orders.

I checked my iOffer account to find everything I had listed was suspended but on further checking everything in collectibles by EVERYONE had been taken done and I do mean everyone, they cleaned house on their site and there is not much listed anymore. I emailed them on Friday, my email listed below, and received their response back from them on Monday:

Heather iOffer, Apr 1, 10:55 PDT:
Hi Ron,

To improve the iOffer buyer/seller community we are verifying new and existing sellers. Your account may be limited; however, order management is available and you can continue to service prior transactions. We will contact you via email should we require additional information. Otherwise, we will let you know if and when full access has been restored. We appreciate your patience and look forward to providing you with new and improved services in the near future.

Thanks,
offer

Ron Graziotti, Mar 29, 11:21 PDT:

It shows that my account has been suspended when I went to sign into it but I have not received any notice as to why it has been. I went to your policy page and it seems there is various reasons for this to be happening, from me not logging correctly to someone saying my items might have violated a copyright, and if this is the case, I would like to know what it is so I can either reach out and/or fix this. Many years ago, this happened to my account and it was a mistake by the copyright holder, which they fixed once I reached out to them, so I need to know what is the issue and/or problem and who do I contact. Ron Graziotti

I talked with Amazon on the phone saying that its hard to appeal when you don’t know what it is they suspended you for. I submitted this appeal listed below on Tuesday and less than 60 seconds they responded with another form letter stating they won’t be lifting my suspension.

Dear Amazon Pay Dept.

What went wrong: The Ioffer.com site no longer allows collectibles BY ANYONE sold on their site at this time unless it can be verified by them, which includes autographed items, movie posters, lobby cards, and music backstage passes which is the inventory sold by us. None of our items are counterfeit or violate copyright laws but iOffer put all of our items on hold until they can verifier our account and its listings. (See Attached email from iOffer in response to our email to them.)

In order to help iOffer, our customers, and Amazon Pay in both now and the future in verifying our products and feeling safe in purchasing from us we have started these actions.

1)Take and post close up photos of the corners of the vintage posters so the serial numbers are show.
2)Have photos posted of the stars themselves during the signing showing them autographing the signed items for sale.
3)We have started getting ALL of our signed items verified by PSA/DNA so both iOffer and our customers can confirm there authentic and cross check the numbers on the items as well as the numbers on their website with photos. (see attached photo).
4)If there is a SKU or ISBN number on any of the products that we are selling make sure the it is shown in the photos and also in the description of the items selling.
5)List the company or studio that made the product that is for sale.

Steps we have taken to prevent this problem and will continue to take to ensure that our customers, iOffer and Amazon will feel safe in our listings and shopping experience.

1)Our policy is to be more diligent in our product description.
2)Provide any materials, such as programs, from the conventions the signing took place at with the sale.
3)Provide a letter from PSA/DNA on the item sold that guarantees it being authentic.
3)Nothing will be listed and sold unless it meets all of the above points.
4) We have taken down any items that might be listed that doesn’t have the above points included from above at this time.

If I can be of any more help or provide any more information please let me know.
Ron Graziotti

Hello,

After reviewing your account, we have decided not to reinstate your Amazon Pay account.

Any remaining funds are being reserved in your account and may be held for 90 days from the date your account was closed. After 90 days or the completion of all pending investigations, the funds, minus any claims or chargebacks, will be made available for withdrawal. If you have further questions about your funds please write to amazon-pay-seller-confirmation@amazon.com.

Sorry about the long letter here but at a complete lost here as to what direction I should take and were to go from here. I have no idea what they are looking for and how I should go about appealing this action. The other sites the Amazon Pay was linked to was Bonannza.com which is items I have listed on eBay and the same type of items. Feedback is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
Ron Graziotti

Tags: Payments, Policy, Transactions, Verification
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL
In reply to: Seller_Z7e0ZoicOoiex's post
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post