Amazon Pay account closed for Pre Charging a customer

Hello,

Nice to meet you all. Our Amazon Pay account was suspended for the following reason:

“Any attempt to pre-charge a buyer before an order has been shipped or delivered is prohibited. Orders for physical goods are considered fulfilled when they are shipped. Orders for digital goods and services are considered fulfilled when they are delivered to the buyer.”

I called in and spoke with Amazon Seller Support, the support rep explained the reason my account was suspended was for accepting pre-orders on our store.

We were unaware accepting pre orders went against the Amazon Pay Policies.

Here was my appeal:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The root cause of the issue
Hello Amazon Pay Team,

We understand our Amazon Pay Account was closed for the root cause, we pre-charged a buyer before the order had been shipped or delivered.

We apologize for this, breaking the Amazon Pay Policy, pre-charging a buyer for a purchase before the order shipped, or was delivered was not intentional. Following all Amazon Pay Policies is very important to us.

We were not aware we were breaking this policy. We received an email from the Amazon Pay Team, right before the last one explaining that our account was closed, here’s what it said:

“We are writing because you may have pre-charged a buyer for a purchase before you have fulfilled their orders.”

When we saw this notification, we thought it was a mistake, because we were unaware, and not sure how we were breaking this Amazon Pay Policy.

I searched the internet, and the Amazon Seller Forums to find more information on the actions we could have taken to receive an email from the Amazon Pay Team Explaining that:

“We are writing because you may have pre-charged a buyer for a purchase before you have fulfilled their orders.”

I was unable to find any information online, to understand the actions we had taken to have our Amazon Pay account closed. To help us identify the root cause of the issue, and to avoid making the same mistake again in the future, I started a New Topic hoping to get some help from other Amazon Pay Users, and for insight on what we had done wrong: We took these actions because you may have pre-charged a buyer for a purchase before you have fulfilled their orders

I decided to call in, and I spoke with Pablo C from the Amazon Pay Seller Support Team for help, and to understand what we had done wrong.

I read to Pablo C the email we received from the Amazon Pay Team informing us that our Amazon Pay Account had been closed for the reason being we: “pre-charge a buyer before an order has been shipped or delivered”.

I explained to Pablo C. that I didn’t understand how I broke the amazon pay policy, pre-charging a customer before the order has been shipped or delivered, because we use Amazon Pay on our Shopify store, and customers are charged automatically by Amazon Pay, as soon as the customer enters there credit card information.

Pablo C from Amazon Seller Support explained that the root cause of the issue was that we were accepting pre-orders using Amazon Pay Services.

Pablo C from Amazon Seller Support explained that if we want to continue using Amazon Pay Services, we must no longer accept pre-orders using Amazon Pay, because accepting pre-orders using Amazon Pay breaks the policy that we are not allowed to pre-charge customers before the order has been shipped or delivered.

Breaking the Amazon Pay Policy for pre-charging customers before the order has been shipped or delivered was not our intention. We were unaware accepting pre-orders broke this Amazon Policy.

**Amazon Pay Team, before speaking with Pablo C from Amazon Seller Support, we were unaware accepting pre-orders broke the Amazon Pay Policy, pre-charging a customer. **

We now understand the root cause of the issue, that accepting pre-orders, pre-charging the buyer before the order ships or is delivered is against the Amazon Pay Policy. To prevent this issue going forward, we no longer accept pre-orders using Amazon Pay, we have also removed the Amazon Pay button from all pre-order product pages so customers are no longer pre-charged before the order is shipped or delivered.

We sincerely apologize for breaking the amazon pay policy, breaking the rules is not our intention, and now that we are aware of what we were doing wrong, pre-charging customers before the item was shipped or delivered, it will not happen again.

We promise to follow all Amazon Pay Policies, and also to not pre-charge the customer before the item is shipped or delivered.

Thank you Amazon Pay Team.

The actions you have taken to resolve the issue
Amazon Pay Team, we understand that to use Amazon Pay Services, we must follow all Amazon Pay Policies, and that Any attempt to pre-charge a buyer before an order has been shipped or delivered is prohibited.

To resolve this issue going forward, we no longer accept pre-orders using Amazon Pay.

We have also removed the Amazon Pay button from all Pre Order Product Pages so customers will no longer be precharged before the item is shipped or delivered.

Also, Pre Orders are no longer accepted using Amazon Pay Services on insert-mywebsitem dot com , because we understand pre-charging a buyer before an order has been shipped or delivered is prohibited.*

Amazon Pay Team, we apologize for pre-charging the customer. It was not our intention.

We were unaware accepting pre-orders went against the Amazon Pay Policy, Pre-charging a buyer before an order has been shipped or delivered. After speaking with Pablo C from Amazon Seller Support, he explained to us what we did wrong, and that accepting pre-orders goes against the Amazon Pay Policy, pre-charging customers, now that we understand what we did wrong, and rule we broke, we have taken steps to prevent this issue from ever happening again.

Thank you Amazon Pay Team,

The steps you have taken to prevent the issue going forward
After speaking with Pablo C from Amazon Seller Support, he explained that in order for us to continue using Amazon Pay services, we must stop accepting Pre-Orders using Amazon Pay because it goes against the policy of pre-charging the customer before the item has been shipped or delivered.

Because we now understand using Amazon Pay Services to accept Pre-Orders is prohibited because it goes against the amazon pay policy, Pre-charging a buyer before an order has been shipped or delivered, we have taken the following steps to prevent this issue going forward:

To prevent this issue going forward, electricbikepros no longer accepts pre-orders using Amazon Pay Services, because pre-charging the customer before the item has been shipped or delivered is prohibited.

We have also removed the Amazon Pay button from all Pre Order Products Pages to prevent customers from being precharged.

Also, we now only charge the buyer after, the order has been shipped or delivered. We apologize for our mistake Amazon Pay Team, we strive to follow all amazon pay policies. Pre-charging customers will no longer be an issue going forward.

Thank you Amazon Pay Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour after submitting our appeal, we received this response from the Amazon Pay Team:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Seller, We have discovered information that indicates your Amazon seller account has engaged in deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity. This conduct violates the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement. As a result, we have closed your Amazon seller account to prevent harm to our customers, other selling partners, and our store. Your listings have been deactivated, and any open orders have been canceled. If you believe there has been an error, please respond to this email. Sincerely, Amazon

Has anyone had a similar situation? We are new to Amazon Pay, and am trying my best to follow Amazon policies closely. Below is the response I sent the Amazon Pay Team.

Hello Amazon Pay Team,

Thank you for your reply, I believe a mistake has been made? May I ask what
indicated our Amazon seller account has engaged in deceptive, fraudulent,
or illegal activity, please? I believe a mistake has been made.

Thank you,

Any help is appreciated!

Moderator Edit (James_Amazon): External URL Removed

We have used Amazon Pay for about 4 years. I has worked well for us, our customers appear to like it.

We have never done pre-orders (I recommend you remove your website address from your posting links are not allowed on the forums) though we do not charge after we ship. The Amazon Pay order comes in and is handled like all our orders, they ship in 4-48 hours.

We see the payment notification by email come in the day of the order.

Thank you for paragraphs, but the bold wall of text was tough to get through. Can I ask, how long was the ship time from the pre-order day? I think that may be your downfall, and something you need to take accountability for specificly.

Hello ImageAbility,

Nice to meet you. I have removed the bold wall from the wall of text, and Ive removed my website address.

Orders that are not on pre order ship out in 24-48 hours. For pre order products, we keeping the delivery date on the product page and order confirmation so customers are aware when there order will arrive.

We understood this was not allowed after speaking with seller support, usually pre orders were scheduled to ship out a month, to a week from the original purchase date.

Before submitting our appeal, we took action and removed the option to pre order products using Amazon Pay on our Shopify Store.

Thank you for your reply.

Based on our experience, this would be ok.

This would be causing the problem, though I don’t know if it is in 5 days or 60 days. Amazon likes you to take accountability for your actions, they want you to identify what you did wrong, and the steps you have taken to make sure it never happens again. They always want you to admit fault.

That would be the path I would take.

Nice to meet you too, we have been a Smart ED (EQ) electric car owner for 6 years. Always wanted a electric bike to strap on the car when we travel to visit customers and perspective customers.

Hello ImageAbility,

By our appeal response, does it seem like we are not taking accountability for our actions? I was hoping our response to Amazon Pay expressed that.

Also, electric bikes are a great means of travel, some of them even fold up, and fit into the tiniest of cars.

Thanks!