user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon lost my items, won't accept manufacturer's invoice for reimbursement

by Seller_JaRuDKVMWXxGw

I had a shipment go to Amazon and many units were lost: there were two boxes and it’s clear one box was delivered and checked in, but wasn’t processed.

It’s been months now and Amazon is aware of the issue and needs to reimburse me.

However Amazon seller support tells me I need to provide “documentation” for my purchase. Of course this documentation doesn’t seem necessary or relevant to their loss of my property or their obligation to reimburse me.

But there’s more: In addition to demanding this information, Amazon needs a rigid invoice format with specific elements such as seller address.

I have packing slips, receipts, and order history from the website. I have all sent these to Amazon.

However, these don’t satisfy Amazon’s rigid requirements, for example, Amazon won’t accept print outs of emails and need addresses of the seller.

In an ongoing process that continues, I have tried to get the manufacturer to get me an invoice. Some of their customer staff finds my request ridiculous—pointing to the very same invoice Amazon refused, they said they gave me an invoice and are incredulous that more is needed. It’s hard to make progress.

What am I supposed to do?

Tags: Address
206 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_OIwySjujrWvUg
In reply to: Seller_JaRuDKVMWXxGw's post

I like the threads of this nature, it not only exposed the newbies, also put the gurus (some are gurus on paper only I am afraid) to test and many failed splendidly. Anyway, back to OP

1. not all your shipments were lost, you can start to sell those received by the warehouse
    and you should!

2. no need to hurry, you can wait for weeks or even months before filing for reimbursement, and your lost shipment might be recovered during the wait, and frankly most “lost” shipments could be located after a few weeks.

3. If after a couple months and there is still no change of shipment status, you can request reimbursement, and it will be much easier to get paid then, and yes they do accept retail receipts but it all depends on when you submit them, if you submit them before any sales on Amazon, it’s very hard to prove, but if there is a record of Amazon sales history and price points, the retail receipt works just fine, that’s why you need to start to sell them now as in # 1

Jump to reply
206 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_pBEwo8CxxHc63

Amazon requires a wholesale invoice, as they will only pay wholesale cost. A Receipt is retail.

This is included on all standard wholesale invoices

user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

Welcome to Amazon.

Sorry, but this is likely to be an ongoing challenge for you.

user profile
Seller_3fvPDDga0Tp35

Out of curiosity, what kind of products did they lose? How many?

user profile
Seller_RdXLGelNrPb9o

Here is the other problem. Most hard drive warranties are to the original purchaser. Which is you in this case. So these customers are going to purchase thinking they have a warranty when they actually dont. I could be mistaken but i believe this is the case.

user profile
Seller_spBEmM4GC9jW1

Ah, the usual RA is not forbidden conversation of the day/hour. LOL.

Keep thinning the herd Amazon…

user profile
Seller_MZLlDxjTdlSxD

I recommend doing single box shipments. Theres no cost savings to doing a 2 box shipment, and this problem is much easier to resolve if its a single box shipment.

user profile
Seller_pF5gWPuJPtgFu
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

@bringerofrain, the ultimate point here is that when you agreed to the terms and conditions of FBA–whether or not they are fair, reasonable, what other sales channels do, etc–you said that in the event that you needed a reimbursal from Amazon due to a lost delivery to FBA, you would abide by their process.

• In your case, their process requires a wholesale invoice.
  • You do not have a wholesale invoice.
  • You have a retail receipt.
  • You will not win an argument with Amazon that your “manufacturer communications” are better than a wholesale invoice.

I believe that your continued communications with them about this matter might damage your account in behind-the-scenes metrics and assessment.

user profile
Seller_OBMEc8OBQy4TW

Just out of curiosity and along the same lines. What if its non-electronics niche and you ARE the manufacturer of your PL products. What sort of invoice format would you provide? Raw Materials? Do they accept Chinese invoices? Even if you use a Inventory Management software, you’ll be able to generate a PO or a PI and then a stamped Paid Invoice, but the descriptions on your invoice would be different than on your listings since you are the maker, manufacturer, assembler of your products.

I liked to be prepared well in advance so I’m not having a written e-pi$$ing contest post apocalypse.

Please and Thank you!

Sincerely.
TT

user profile
Seller_jTjh2jXjnhBi8

It actually is relevant, so that they can see how much you need to be reimbursed. Otherwise it’s just your word (which I’m not disparaging) that your merchandise is valued at what it is.

I think the problem with retail receipts is often the vagueness of the the item description on the receipt. I know Retail Receipts can be accepted, but as a Rule, they won’t.

At this point, Amazon won’t accept the Invoice you have, and the company you purchased from won’t provide a different one; I think you might be stuck. You might consider filing a claim with UPS (I’m assuming you used UPS, sending to FBA) but if the tracking for the item shows delivered that might not pan out either.

Go to original post