user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon is not accepting responsibility for FBA orders

by Seller_rttEqP2gpG5MY

Just received this feedback for a FBA order that Amazon fulfilled. We use FBA for everything and do not send any orders ourselves.

“Empty padded envelope arrived with no book inside! Very frustrating! Sent a message to the seller and I hope they respond soon. Will delete poor review if book is sent quickly or a refund is issued.”

I asked for feedback removal and the bot let it stay.

Then I asked for a review of that and here’s the response from support.

We have reviewed your request for feedback removal. In this case, the feedback you received does not meet the criteria for removal so we are unable to remove it as buyer received empty package.

The customer received the empty package from Amazon. Amazon as usual is not following their own policies.

Here’s the reply I placed on the feedback:

Your Response: Amazon sent this package and they are no longer accepting responsibility for their screw-ups. I totally apologize for this level of service but this is entirely out of our control.

This is the first negative review we have had in 8 years and it wasn’t even our fault.

We have been selling on Amazon for 12 years now and their lack of following the policies they write gets worse and worse.

Its getting to the point where I would rather deal with a cable company or cell phone company than Amazon.

In my opinion Amazon is now the worst company in America to deal with. When we started selling on Amazon and up to about 4 years ago we considered it one of the best.

Mark

Tags: Fees, Pricing, Product removal
76 replies
76 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qz1y4XweLE9SO
In reply to: Seller_rttEqP2gpG5MY's post

You can always sell FBM.
I do.

CJ

user profile
Seller_Gt8wPBvclyFRH

I just posted a topic about the same exact thing. Amazon sent an empty padded envelope and wont take responsibility for it after a bad review. There is no way to get a real person to read the review and overturn the decision.

user profile
Seller_UBmr6lV9X0ngT

used to be amazon struck thru shipping issues feedback. have you tried asking for a strike thru? with bots everywhere you need to use very precise wording. if you try this please post your results back here.

user profile
Seller_MaNu1nsSEfLRw

Up until recently, Amazon was taking responsibility for negative feedback that is entirely for FBA related issues – they would strike out that feedback upon the seller’s request. For some strange reason, they no longer seem to be abiding by this policy, which as of now remains unchanged.

From the Request Customer Feedback Removal Amazon help page…

Amazon will strike-through feedback in the following cases:

• The entire feedback comment is regarding fulfillment or customer service for an order fulfilled by Amazon.

There are countless threads just like this one from FBA sellers complaining about the same issue. So clearly it’s not just an anomaly. It’s confusing that Amazon refuses to address this.

Between this issue, and FCs consistently marking used and defective returns as fulfillable (placing back into my new sellable inventory), I am strongly considering the switch from FBA to FBM.

user profile
Seller_EPJQ1xQmX18hq

Amazon’s drive for efficiency is taking a toll on everyone - customers, employees and third party sellers. I’m sure the person who responded had 0.04 seconds to hit the button denying your request.

user profile
Seller_RxTyqBmpWLFi1

Almost every single order from FBA that I get now is damaged by poor (and outrageously inept) packaging. Warehouse people are getting worse and I’m beginning to wonder if it may be purposeful. Unhappy employees can, and do, ruin a business. I would not even remotely consider doing FBA at this point.

user profile
Seller_itahedcduA4LJ

same problem here. We have at least a half dozen negative feedbacks in last 2 months that are 100% related to FBA issues - or lying customers. Empty package, wrong product shipped, poor packaging, etc. Amazon wont remove any of them. We also have dozens of complaints about returns being resold as new by amazon after they were opened and used…And we sell nutritional supplements. So customers are buying a bottle of vitamins missing a bunch of capsules that was a return, and fba shipped them back out to someone else. It is unbelievable.

user profile
Seller_6XSiPqg4VTwhh

You have company. I send empty and torn packages, too and also own a few 1 feedbacks that won’t remove. And when that happens, don’t try to fix it. I did and ended up losing 2 items,amazon refunding and the customer never removed the feedback.
I can earn negative feedback on my own, I would rather not have help.

user profile
Seller_hidWuPpZSBcZa

Contact Jeff’'s email team if you have exhausted all other means. If it is undoubtedly a feedback that should be removed, they seem to be good at actually looking at the feedback and determining if it is removable.

user profile
Seller_UBmr6lV9X0ngT

squeezing out every drop you can get will eventual lead to the death of the thing.
it’s really sad and unsettling that top tier management thinks things are going well. turning attention to 4-6 problem areas would support and strengthen lots of small sellers, who would then be able to provide better cost, product and delivery.
spending some time cleaning house, verifying IP complaints before closing the list, get FBA feedback BS back on track and a few others, but i don’t want to write a small novel

Go to original post