Amazon going to enforce title rules

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/201051300?ref=nslp_at_4827861133983441457_1_201051300

So Amazon will suppress listings that do not fit title guidelines.

This will be fun. What about all the brand controlled items that do not comply?

Will they be fixing these?

I think you miss read that. It will Suppress ASIN’s from Amazon Search. They are not going to suppress the complete listing in a whole. If the title does not comply with the guidelines they will remove the ASIN from the search algorithm

When you get an item suppressed from searching, it kills the sales.

This is just as bad.

My issue is with how this will create all types of problems.

The problem is the issue with Mattel and Hasbro listings.

So i think it would be safe to say if you have paid advertising based on keywords, you better get the titles changed by July 22 or your ads will become irrelevant. That’s just an assumption though.

Is it my imagination or do I recall Amazon making similar promises several times over the past six years or so. After a few weeks the enforcement seems to disappear and the catalog is just as messy as before. Maybe the enforcement is for new titles only but it would be nice if someone came up with an algorithm that would suppress all non-compliant titles/listings, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

How do you mean- with Mattel and Hasbro? If it is a private label and you have the listing title properly done you should be good.

@O.L.D_Books It looks like that’s what they are doing.

Starting July 22, 2019, Amazon will suppress ASINs from Amazon Search whose titles do not comply with Amazon’s product title requirements. This is because our research shows that the ASIN titles that violate our policies result in poor customer experience. Please review Amazon’s FBA Product Title Requirements29 prior to July 15, 2019 to verify that your current titles meet our guidelines.

Where does it say that?

I’m confused. Amazon won’t take book title corrections with extraneous matter in them, but they are going to prevent the title from showing up in searches? OLD Books, please do not ask for an “algorithm” to suppress all non-compliant listings. That can only end badly in yet another bots-gone-wild scenario.

I don’t know where my brain was when I wrote that. As a book seller of course I know that book titles are an animal all their own. Any algorithm to restrict invalid titles needs to exempt books pending a human review.

Where does it say what?

The part about suppressing the asin. I saw it though. I was on the inventory page so I didn’t see the news headline.

Thanks, @Shelf_Cleaning_Capit, for spreading the word about this!

For anyone interested, please check this post in the original notice thread:

If you haven’t already, be sure to post your questions in the original thread:

closed #16

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.