user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon FBM take care of customer service on your behalf survey

by Seller_QW5DRCbD1YkJf

Amazon sent a survey to FBM merchants. They’re playing with the idea of taking over the customer service function for FBM. Yikes! When Amazon Customer Service reps do field the 1-800 calls, it’s a nightmare! They mess it up nearly every time!

Read the description below before answering the following questions.

Amazon is creating a service where we take care of customer service on your behalf for your self-delivery orders. We will direct customer inquiries for these orders to Amazon Customer Service so that you do not need to handle them yourself. Amazon will also provide you with customer satisfaction reports based on buyer data.

Benefits include:

• This service helps improve customer experience by providing high-quality customer service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  • This service supports customers in the Marketplace supported language via phone and chat in addition to Email.
  • This service’s high-quality customer service can help you reduce A-to-Z claims, Order Defect Rate (ODR), and negative reviews.
  • This service can help you remove your customer service burdens by managing customer service in response to changing demands (e.g. holiday period).
  • This service helps save time and can reduce customer service cost
Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer
145 replies
145 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o
In reply to: Seller_QW5DRCbD1YkJf's post

books_and_stuff…

I’m not sure what they could do for me , I don’t get returns, the only questions I have gotten, about my books are for more information? Some pictures, clarification of a specific condition… maybe one every month or so now…

Less now that the book stores are all closed – not shopping for their non Savvy internet customers…

Most the stuff I sell has – more than an adequate description, a short synopsis for the book, all of the basic information you would need to identify the specific Edition, along with at least six pictures…

Only twice this year have I had to hunt down a book within the USPS tracking system, one was lost permanently-- the other was stuck in Jersey City…

I have a good post office, all the media mail – I get there – seems to spin through the system, effortlessly…

I can’t imagine anyone in a CSR position, at Amazon with no understanding of even what books are ??? to effectively communicate & help anyone…

user profile
Seller_hA060q8nqygew

Yikes! is right. Every “benefit” Amazon listed is a FLAT OUT LIE unless you are a complete incompetent who hasn’t got a clue what customer service entails.

This service helps improve customer experience by providing high-quality customer service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

NO AMAZON - IT DOES NOT! YOU haven’t got a CLUE what customer service is all about. I’ll grant you that you are good (very good) at PR Spin and convincing gullible people that false statements like the above are actually true when they couldn’t be further from it.

I can tell you that Amazon doing MY customer service instead of me would absolutely F’ UP the “customer experience”, not anything else. But they’ve got a lot of nerve to make this claim, I’ll give them that.

• This service’s high-quality customer service can help you reduce A-to-Z claims, Order Defect Rate (ODR), and negative reviews.

You want to BET? Doing my own customer service, I almost never get A-Z claims, ODR dings, or negative reviews. Do I want to see what would happen to my reputation if I gave Amazon control?? NO F’ING WAY!

This service can help you remove your customer service burdens by managing customer service in response to changing demands (e.g. holiday period).

Um… NO. Because my burden is going to increase dramatically if I have to waste time cleaning up the messes that Amazon makes. Yes, it’s a hassle to deal with customers during especially busy periods, but it’s a worse hassle to have to run around putting out fires that Amazon set due to their incompetence.

This service helps save time and can reduce customer service cost

Again… NO. No way in bleepity-bleep. I’ve seen what happens when Amazon does (poorly) what I do well. It creates more time and more costs in having to go back and clean up their messes.

Amazon - open your eyes. You are NOT capable of offering “world class” anything. Your customer service SUCKS. The best thing you could do for my business is keep your hands off of it.

In other words, I will decline this offer.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_qsjXhUS6U3FXD

I am FBM and I haven’t seen anything like that come through the email. I just went and checked all of my communications from Amazon just in case I missed reading something and nothing is there. Have all the rest of you received this message from Amazon? Just strange that I didn’t receive one.

user profile
Seller_5kb4nNko7Oohc

racingrox — I think you should tell them how you really feel.

papy – winner winner chicken dinner!

I think we did receive it - at least I recall taking a quick glance and immediately thinking…no way. Please…no. Whether bigger dogs than I considered it I do not know, but this pup tucked tail and ran from it.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Participating in this service would be largely meaningless for me.

I get so few customer service issues based on my sales volume, quality of my listings and merchandise selection process, and am more generous than Amazon policy on those I get.

So long as I do not have to pay any greater fees I could care less.

user profile
Seller_2CGS4xK4A9VN8

Like Papyrophilla I suspect the same thing. Why would Amazon put forth one ounce of effort if the item was fulfilled by merchant. They will show their customers how easy it is to get free rentals and devastate small business even more. This sounds scary to me.

user profile
Seller_VjN9DtfJvdHwY

Is the proposed “High-quality customer service” anything like “High-quality seller service” they provide to us sellers? On the rare occasion I have to deal with a representative it takes almost always a week or so to get a response.

user profile
Seller_6yN10gUtx1j5j

Now there is something whose time has come (sarcasm font on display) …

I can think of nothing more painful then having Amazon CSR’s try to resolve customer questions about glass bottles and jars … ok… I can thnk of a few things - but this ranks right up on top.

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

I would never accept this even if done for free.

Too many reps who cannot speak English nor hold a conversation. They are ineffective in dealing with as a seller. There is nothing more infuriating than talking to someone who cannot hold a conversation with you and reads off a script.

Amazon needs to understand they are a selling platform. We are our own bosses here.

I do not need Amazon’s advice on running my business. Most of what I get is bad advice.

If a seller cannot provide proper service, they should not be allowed to sell here.

Go to original post