user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon condones buyer harassment

by Seller_JqtTXgEe2uSVG

Yes that’s right, we all know buyers can do pretty much whatever they want on amazon with no repercussion but you can add harassment to the list.

We have been terrorized by a buyer for 2 months and have filed a total of 21 tickets and amazon has done nothing but give robotic responses and offer no help.

So let me tell you more since clearly you want to know.

Buyer ordered an item from us, a small LED light for aquariums called a Kessil A80. The price was $139.99

( Relatively inexpensive compared to the other stuff we sell )

5 minutes after buying it the buyer sent a cancellation request, we read it, responded to it saying the cancellation was ok and cancelled the order.

5 more minutes pass and he ordered the same product, another employee who was in the email box saw the cancellation request for the same order / item and the order was cancelled again.

He sent us a huge rude message about cancelling his second order and demanded the light for free.

He left 2 bad feedbacks about how horrible we are , this and that and we did not hear from him for a month.

We apologized to him several times and his response was always the same, he wanted the light for free.

After a month he purchased 10 separate orders from us, all for a very inexpensive item ( $4 ) so he could leave 10 feedbacks and destroy our rating.

Keep in mind in 1 year we have gotten I think 3 bad feedbacks in 400k worth of business here.

He left 2 bad feedbacks right away and we filed 2 tickets, robotic non helpful responses, cant block buyer and they said he has the right to leave the feedbacks.

We printed a shipping label for the orders ( so we don’t get defects ) Then refunded the buyer.

( no point actually shipping when he will just file returns and leave return defects or file A-Z claims )

A week later he left a few more bad feedbacks and we filed additional tickets.

amazon then suspended our account for “Order defect rate too high”

At the time of our suspension our order defect rate was 1.08% can you believe it?

after 3 weeks they gave us our account back but held a 30 thousand dollar balance for 45 days from us.

Since then buyer has left even more feedbacks and we cant do anything, he also calls us and demands that we give him the light or he will continue to terrorize us.

So in addition to lying about hilarious little things to fish for refunds, buyers no longer have any code of conduct here at all.

Tags: Buy Box, Fees, Listings, Pricing
17 replies
17 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl
In reply to: Seller_JqtTXgEe2uSVG's post

Ok, so your team made a mistake… the buyer has every right to be angry… you canceled an order that was not requested to be canceled. Cancellation requests have order numbers attached to them.

So you lied and violated Amazon policy. You also caused the buyers payment method to be charged.

I am in no way saying that the buyer is innocent here… but you are far from blameless too…

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

I feel really sorry for you, it sounds like the buyer is not all right. Amazon has taught previously honest customers to be rude, agressive and demand free items at every opportunity.

I would suggest you to e-mail jeff@amazon.com and explain, what is happening. Also, you can contact the moderators on the forum and ask for help.

user profile
Seller_HHJqHzaLgvVyD

Not that it will likely change anything. But quit opening NEW tickets. RE-OPEN the same one until it is handled properly. Every time you open a new one, it is prone to just being bot scanned.

Also, I will say, if you are printing shipping labels for orders you know are going to be cancelled you opened YOURSELF up to bad feedback the first time around. If the customer requested a cancellation that wouldn’t have hurt your metrics. AND they wouldn’t have been able to leave feedback. What you did is just a bad practice to get into to begin with. You deserve bad feedback for that, honestly.

user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

You never tried to ship an item to the guy have you? Signature Confirmation… that would stop him.

Trust me, the guy is a jerk… but you can fight back by following policy and delivering with proof.

You have a great looking store, don’t let this guy get you down, Learn! Adapt! Grow!

user profile
Seller_0IDPUgBsNa35F

This example unfortunately is becoming very common on Amazon.

Buyers know they can blackmail and scam sellers without any fear of recourse from Amazon.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Amazon has created an environment where many people don’t want to pay for things.

When you reward bad behavior, you get more bad behavior.

user profile
Seller_JqtTXgEe2uSVG

bump, nothing done

user profile
Seller_JqtTXgEe2uSVG

they mark it as resolved or transfer it, and if I am not getting a proper response the issue is not dealt with.

Its been a 6 month issue now.

Amazon seller support is so bad its ridiculous how much money is passing through this marketplace yet they wont hire US Based support staff.

someone once told me they read this forum, anyone reading this? CALL US !

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post