Amazon commingled? FBA nightmare / lesson learned

I learned my lesson w/commingled inventory this week.
Being new to selling on Amazon I haven’t been listing a whole lot of things. I’d toss a few things up for sale here/there until I get the feel of it. The rest I just continue to sell via my other outlets.

One item in particular sold decently fast, and though I didn’t exactly make a fortune off of it, I had quite a few on hand so I decided to try FBA out. The cut they take vs the hassle of shipping etc seemed worth it to me, as well as just the experience to get the feel for how it all works.
Commingling? What’s that? I read Amazon’s description and hey, it sounds awesome. I don’t have to sticker anything. Just throw them all in a box and ship. Amazon even states they track everything from the time you ship it to it’s end destination when sold. How could this fail?!

A few positive feedbacks come rolling in, and I thought hey, this is pretty smooth sailing. So I ship a few dozen more out. All of those sell out so I ship some more to Amazon, but this time I have to send to two different places. Oh well, still not as big of an inconvenience as shipping myself, and hey, I am doing this to get an ‘on hands feel’ so to speak of how it works.

This week I get an email.
My listing has been blocked due to customer complaints. All items must be authentic etc. etc. (you know the drill I don’t need to copy/paste)
That’s odd, I thought, as I have been receiving positive feedback and haven’t received one complaint, return request etc.
Also I know for fact my item(s) were genuine as I personally have three of them in my household being used on a daily basis.

So I send them my invoice(s), as well as all the other info they requested. I tried to go above and beyond as I felt I was being accused of something and did not really understand why.

Next email I receive says amazon has received feedback indicating my product may be inconsistant with the products details etc. (again, you know the drill here) and they are going to review my inventory.

I thought well, I have zero inventory as it all sold. Do I need to send them more? It doesn’t say anything regarding an action like that. I sent them all they asked for and then some already, so I should be fine.

So now I scour these forums (which I wish I had read boatloads on before I even began selling) and find that basically FBA Commingling is a haven for counterfeit junk.

Today I receive the email that I am no longer so sell said item. WHAT? I sent in everything asked, and my item was 100% authentic. I received not 1 negative feedback or complaint either.
(and yes my supplier is a known/trusted wholesaler and not eBay or Aliwhatever)

So the conclusion I came up with is my items got ‘commingled’ with someone elses either counterfeit, or different product(s) and a buyer complained. But why was I not notified by the buyer?
Also if amazon tracks all incoming FBA inventory, be it commingled or not, then why/how could this have happened? Shouldn’t they go after the person who sent in the incorrect/counterfeit/whatever item?

What is done is done, and that’s ok I can’t change their decision so I have to deal with it. I just would like ot know why.how this happens.
The more and more I read about Amazon it seems like their rules/reasoning is sort of shoot-from-the-hip at times. There really is no black and white on some things when you try to read up on it.
Their commingling policy just says ‘it’s tracked’. Well that’s fine and dandy, but if it is then how did this happen?
Also when I got to thinking about it, i honestly don’t see how anything commingled can be tracked as there’s no info added to the package, if I am correct?

So now I’m reading a few horror stories that sellers who have used STICKERED FBA inventory have had their things returned etc. which weren’t the actual item they sent in.
So is stickered even an option?
Am I ahead to just ship everything myself I take it?
Amazon’s garantee sure doesn’t hold much weight with me any more after this. But like I said, it’s a learning process.

Sorry for the long winded post.

With FBA, you won’t necessarily see or know about any customer complaints. Amazon handles all of those for FBA. They very well could have gotten those complaints and decided to block that listing. This could just as easily have happened on product you sticker yourself-it isn’t necessarily due to commingling.

By tracking it means when you send in 30 they receive 30, and they send 30 from “the pile” to your orders.

When you track your inventory at your own warehouse, you don’t necessarily track specific unit, you keep track of the numbers.

but its misleading, I agree.

its not necessarily tracking the specific units you sent, thats what commingled means, you save time by not stickering, so without stickers there is no way to tell who originally sent it, they add it to the pile.

With commingled products oftentimes your products get mixed in with counterfeit junk. Unfortunately because of this you risk negative customer feedback and also getting banned because a customer who orders from you receives a counterfeit product supplied by someone else. I’ve seen this happen over and over again.

closed #5