user profile
Sign in
user profile

All Amazon's Choice Badge's Disappeared

by Seller_6RxkyAIf8xNho

I have 3 products that all have the Amazon’s Choice Badge for several search terms. My best selling product had 22 of them from what we accounted for. This last weekend all of them disappeared from my products…even badges for searches for my brand name were gone and given to my competitors with low sales and low reviews. My product has over 1,500 reviews. Luckily my sales have stayed consistent but not sure for how long considering that I’ve lost all my badges. Anyone else seeing this? I don’t have any notifications from amazon on anything. Curious if changes are going on with the algo and if anyone else has seen all of their badges disappear lately. TIA

Tags: Search
27 replies
27 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ujScHTwvcsrwf
In reply to: Seller_6RxkyAIf8xNho's post

still got mine

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

I am sorry to hear that. Just like the BuyBox, Amazon’s Choice Badge is awarded to product pages based on Amazon’s own criteria, for each searched keyword.

Listings with the highest star Product Reviews, lowest return rates, best sales rank, most competitive price and FBA offers are most likely to get it.

There is no guarantee you will be able to get it on any listing.

And here is what the Amazon policy says:

”The Amazon’s Choice badge spotlights outstanding products.

Amazon’s Choice automatically selects products based on reviews, pricing, shipping availability and other criteria.

There is no application or enrollment for Amazon’s Choice. Amazon evaluates all products and offer the badge for a selection of searches.

The badge might appear and disappear from products without notice. You will see the badge resulting from some searches and not others, as any one product might have qualified as Amazon’s Choice for only certain search terms. As we continue to develop requirements for Amazon’s Choice, the badge may appear at different times, on different pages, or on different devices.”

user profile
Seller_XZ2XQ43ihb09S

Like many other functions of Amazon, how they formulate the badge is a closely guarded secret that Amazon will likely never reveal. There could be hundreds of different factors that go into determining what listing gets the badge. If you truly have better reviews, more reviews, great rapport with customers, etc. you should not need to worry about the badge. Sales will still come.

user profile
Seller_uAvsUGxLUNXQC

I had a product with the “Amazon’s choice” badge, and it definitely wasn’t the highest ranking in its category. It was also higher end. I’m guessing it was because I pushed hard on advertising (high end product = big PPC budget), which caused tens of thousands of page views. That didn’t directly translate to the best ratings (it was/is a $1500 item, just because people see it doesn’t mean they can/want to afford it), but it did end up giving me the “Amazon’s choice” badge, which was pretty nice.

user profile
Seller_xgE8VKcHiSfnv

I saw the badge on one sku today but had it on a few in the past. Sometimes they say Amazon’s Choice for Medium when product is the Small. I’ve noticed that happening since last year.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

If the AZ “Badge” meant Something It would be Great BUT if its Just Another “Buy Box” …Who Needs It…

user profile
Seller_3tgztkPT9tDzo
This post has been deleted
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post