user profile
Sign in
user profile

Advertising restricts Christian Words and Images

by Seller_L0wu7xVoPEgRG

I have a couple of Easter Bundles on Amazon and I have been trying to use the advertising for. I was informed today that the reason they suspended those items from my advertising campaign was because the words “Bible and Christian” are in the title or description. I was informed if I removed the offensive words and re-submit the ad, it would be approved. I was also told the same goes if I had a cross necklace I could not use advertising because the cross is considered offensive.

Tags: Advertising
26 replies
26 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_JFHcOi6zlrD4s
In reply to: Seller_L0wu7xVoPEgRG's post

I’m confused…we (sellers) sell lots of biblical & christian items on AM

Is it just in advertising that “Christian” & “Bible” are rejected?..I have no experience w/ advertising myself…I’m just wondering

user profile
Seller_hOEwwl79oL6tM

Amazon does not allow any ads that advocate (or demeans) a specific religion. So, you can advertise crosses, make ads for Easter, but your ad cannot proclaim the savior of Southern Baptism to be the one true god.

user profile
Seller_egRC2xE2AJbXj

It isn’t anything specific to Christians. The terms for advertising don’t allow anything that advocates for or against any religion.

“Religious advocacy, either advocating or demeaning any religion.” is under the prohibited content for all ads section.

user profile
Seller_JFHcOi6zlrD4s

Well the “Good News” is spiritual people (including Christians) will find what they are looking for

People that are passionate about something make good buyers, whether they be sheep hunters, guys who work restoring old cars or people who want accurate costumes for historical reenactments

user profile
Seller_Sk2xV3fiejY1D

Happened to me, except my product is hijab, and they said that it was a religious item. Even if i removed the words Hijab, Muslim, and Islam/ Islamic, the image marks it as an item that represents a religion.

user profile
Seller_6bLd57U3wUvWN

Has anyone had success with advertising. I’ve changed my listings multiple times but they still keep getting advertising suspended.

user profile
Seller_e1BTWfq3sbJeO

What the f@#k? That’s really messed up! So sorry to hear this, PRAISE GOD PRAISE JESUS GOD BLESS CHRISTIANITY! Wonder how many people will get triggered over this lol

user profile
Seller_e1BTWfq3sbJeO

Why would you want to sell Christian stuff on an anti Christian platform? I love Jesus and being a Christian but Amazon has many evil anti Christian things on it. This is the wrong platform to do this in my opinion, sadly Amazon is neutral…

user profile
Seller_OyNSEv1sLFwyp

My sales are down 85% from last year, I checked my sponsored ads and all my crosses were suspended. I sell mosaic crosses make out of stained glass and have been advertising these items since Handmade started in 2015. Some have hearts or doves. I don’t use any christian or religious words. I inquired with Amazon seller support and they indicated to me “products such as crucifixes, crosses, bibles and products that may or may not promote a specific religion are restricted from being advertised.” They did mention that Religious items are permitted on Sponsored Brands. Maybe I could try that??
Its nice they still allow them to be sold but without advertisement they are being seen obviously. I wish I would of been notified that they were suspended, but i realized that is asking to much from amazon.

user profile
Seller_B2GqkYKOlUrZV

Correct. If the image is a cross, it can’t be advertised even if the word cross is removed from the listing.

Go to original post