user profile
Sign in
user profile

Additional Restrictions when listing SONY under Video Games!?

by Seller_7FoK271Hu5h10

Hey all!

We just got this email from Amazon about Sony products needing special approval to list, come November 30th… WAT!?

Important information about your Amazon.com listings

Important information about your Amazon.com listings

Hello,
As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we have implemented additional restrictions for Sony in Computer & Video Games products.
Effective 2021-11-30, you will not be able to list the affected products, and your listings will be removed. This action does not impact your account health.

How can I reinstate my listings?

You are not approved to list Sony in Computer & Video Games products and we are currently not accepting applications.

Were your listings removed as a result of an error?

If you believe your products have been misclassified within a certain category or sub-category that requires approval, please contact Selling Partner Support with evidence, such as product pictures, to support this claim. Amazon will review your claim and make a final determination that will ensure the best shopping experience for our customers.

What happens if I do not take action?

If no action is taken, the affected listings will not be available for sale in the Amazon store.

Of course there is no additional information about what exact products are being effected. Does anyone have any insider info on this? What to expect? One of our hottest moving items are games on the Sony Playstation 3, so if those are going to be taken out of our inventory then we are going to take a huge cut in sales.

Thanks in advance for any information! I am going to contact Amazon directly about this too, but I feel we will just get a generic canned response like we always do

Tags: Fees, Images, Listings, Restricted Products, Video
197 replies
197 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3jklMu9gL1Ar4
In reply to: Seller_7FoK271Hu5h10's post

Yeah we just got the same thing. Real shame been here for around 20 years followed all their rules dealt with all the changing BS and looks like between the end of this year and the start of next year when they change the rules on everything else we sell we will be gone. Good thing we started moving stuff off this site over the last few years, but still have a ton more to go. I am thankful we never used FBA otherwise we’d have a real mess on our hands.

user profile
Seller_5yhMHQUVXGmSP

We received 2 messages from Amazon regarding Sony and PlayStation. Anyone have any insight what this means exactly? Will all PlayStation games new and used for all consoles be coming off of Amazon?

user profile
Seller_sEM2yvMyNL3hf

Moderators, please shed some light on what is going on here.

We have thousands of skus with these products. Outstanding seller and have never done anything wrong. Right before q4 you do this? PLease clarify and/or escalate to the internal team necessary.

This is despicable.

Please assist

@Chris_Amazon

@SEAMod

@Hannah_Amazon

@Pax_Amazon

@James_Amazon

@Mimi_Amazon

@Arthur_Amazon

@Abraham_Amazon

@Gabriel_Amazon

@Steven_Amazon

user profile
Seller_VK3wD5xzJYa9l

I wonder if it’s just consoles due the prices being over double retail. Many of the games are made by various game companies.

user profile
Seller_VYTZgnOtO6YFP

We received the same email and the rep who has me on hold has no idea why or what’s going on. Would like to find an answer on this. We have an authorized reseller agreement with Sony.
Merry Christmas!

user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON

I personally feel this may all be an attempt by Amazon to overtake the gaming market with their new “New World” launch.

user profile
Seller_oifYCQOJTuorj

Are you approved to sell sony in new condition? Just curious?

user profile
Seller_jl9evmhBrXmu3

I remember them trying this a few years back with Nintendo games and it fell through pretty quickly. Hopefully this gets squashed before the 11/30 date.

user profile
Seller_5QhudTZSlZql4

Right before Q4. These people are absolutely souless. The non-stop bull$#!+ we have had to put up with this year: increased fees, restock limits slashed with no warning, and now jerking the rug out from underneath us during the one time we have a chance to recoup some of the losses from their other shenanigans. This is yet another forced fire sale. They just did it with the damn restock limit nonsense, jerking the limits down then back up, and now they are doing it again. I don’t see any future on Amazon. It’s going to be them selling all the brand name products and a bunch of private labelers selling garbage brands no one ever heard of with a bunch of fake reviews, and even those people will see more of their profit going to buy PPC as they canabalize each other’s sales.

user profile
Seller_wnc1pjYEF5ZqF

Still a lot of unanswered questions.

Will 3rd party gaming titles be included?
Does “video game products” include all accessories such as wireless headsets?
Will these items be allowed for just a select few sellers, and will used items still exist in the category at all?

It’s really a disgrace how unethically business is conducted here. It makes me laugh thinking about the polls asking if we think our business is viable here on Amazon

Go to original post