Action required to maintain pesticide listings on Amazon.com

I’ve submitted all the information I have on my products and they all came down this afternoon. I spoke to seller support and they said someone is looking into it.

I do not know what to do if doing what they asked is not it. Sorry for not being the smarter than you person.

Yeah we had about a dozen asin’s taken down.

We just deleted it from our inventory as getting help and/or a clear answer is so hard on Amazon.

We have the same problem. We have submitted proof that we registered the products with states that required us to do so and that the rest are FIFRA 25(b) exempt. We supplied all of that information over the past few weesk and the listings still were removed today. This is predatory behavior. It’s illegal. This is a serious violation of free trade. What are the next steps you are taking?

Tony
Supreme Growers LLC

@SupremeGrowers @SUNDANCE @The_Official_CedarCi @The_Sawle_Mill @EWTech @Nualgi_America_Inc @Bluewater_Chemgroup

I am going to offer a few updates to this thread - if anyone else has new information to share it would certainly be appreciated.

A quick summary of previous events for anyone new to the thread (you can skip this if you’ve been following along): We are a Brand Registered seller of Minimum Risk (25b) Pesticides on Amazon. Like all of the tagged accounts, we received an email a couple of months ago requesting that we submit documentation to prove that the pesticide products we sell are either registered with the EPA, or exempt from registration. There was a deadline of March 16, after which Amazon threatened to pull our products if proper documentation was not submitted. We are exempt, and submitted as much proof as possible to SellerCentral - who then escalated multiple cases to various departments. Despite our best efforts, on March 16 thirteen of our ASINS were delisted, and the FBA inventory was stranded.

Update: On March 16, we also received another notification informing us that we had to “close or delete” the affected ASINS in 48 hours or they would consider deactivating our seller account and freezing funds. Since then, we have been on the phone with SellerCentral multiple times and have had the issue escalated to Brand Registry, Restricted Product Team, and the Product compliance team. We are submitting as much information as we possibly can - and getting almost no information on how to proceed. Right now we are debating whether to close our listings to prevent further action being taken against our account until this issue is resolved.

Is anyone else dealing with the 48-hour deadline? Has anyone else had any success getting their listings approved and/or reactivated?

Thanks in advance for any updates. Feel free to ask me questions (just tag our account so I see the new notification)

ditto

41 listings- no EPA pesticides!
showed up on Restircted Product Policy Violation list in Account Health

mind
numbing
stupidtiy

idiots%20list

We have had zero success doing exactly as you did. We own our EPA registrations, have many sub-registrations we have obtained and can provide every single document to back this up. They are even classifying some of our non registered products as needing registered (we know what we can claim and we know what we are doing, 25+ years dealing within EPAs guidelines). Our unregistered products do NOT prevent, destroy, repel, or mitigate a pest, or defoliate, desiccate or regulate the growth of plants, therefore they are not considered to be a pesticide. Please keep this updated if anyone has luck and we will do the same.

Thanks

This is Tony from Supreme Growers. We received all of the same correspondence you have. I personally spoke to a supervisor in seller support whose name was Lynn. She quite frankly didn’t know anything about what was going on. I am confident that she researched what is provided to her while on the phone with me for quite a while. She quickly figured out that we are authorized to sell pesticides and had gone through the test process that occurred about 18 months ago. She told us that we had already appealed the decision 4 days ago which I found strange because our listings were still live during that time. We provided documents from 36 states that we are registered in directly with the Department of Agriculture in those states. The other states are all exempt from registration through FIFRA 25(b). We provided our EPA letter and a product label from one size of our 2 pesticides that are all natural. Despite doing all of that, we had all sizes of those 2 products removed. We got the same warning to remove the product from inventory or face consequences and potential disposal of our product. I am not going to remove the inventory. I sent an email late last night requesting a specific reason why these listings were removed. We don’t know the reason because it’s vague. We have a right to know the reason. Our EPA agent agrees. He has worked with EPA registrations for 40+ years and has done FIFRA 25(b) products since their inception in 1996. I asked for that in writing by 2PM today. I don’t expect to get a response. We haven’t heard from them in 2 days.

Meanwhile, I am looking for a high profile attorney to represent us against Amazon. This is illegal. I am sure of it. We were given weeks to comply with something that we don’t know what it is. If the bottom line is that we must register directly with the EPA, they should have said that long ago and given us time to prepare for that. Right now, that’s not possible because we have already paid for state registrations. We can’t afford the $40K that it would cost to go direct with the EPA. That would take 6 months. I checked. This puts an unreasonable situation on a small business that is against the law. To give you an idea how serious this is to us, we reached out to Lin Wood in Atlanta. He is representing the Covington kids vs CNN, Washington Post, and NBC Universal. If his schedule is too busy, we will get him to recommend someone else who has experience dealing with companies like Amazon. It may be a good idea for everyone impacted by this ruling to go together and get one attorney for representation. I have a ton of experience dealing with the legal system in California. I won’t participate in a lawsuit there. It’s not legit. Our company has been on the phone with 3 high profile companies in our vertical that were removed. We could get them all involved. I am confident of that. Please reach back out if you have more information. Meanwhile, we are working on it on our end.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

We are in the same boat. We have been manufacturing 25B pesticides since 1996 and registering them nationwide since 1998.

We received the first notice back in February and we reacted then. We received a second notice this month and again responded with appropriate documentation. It was generally unclear where to send the information as most of the links just dumped us into general selling questions. I incorrectly assumed this would be like the first notification where no action would be taken, or that the lack of response by Amazon to our document dump meant they either got what they needed or that at least the open case would prevent all of our listings going down (88 listings).

Like most of you, I have attacked this issue with patience and kindness toward Amazon and their staff as they have continuously sent me in circles about who handling this and what if any information is needed.

I have pointed out that some of our competitors who sell similar products and have identical registration requirements are up and running today on Amazon. This is either selective enforcement by Amazon or the requirements they are asking for are not actually what they are asking for.

For the record, we closed all listings this morning to remain “compliant.” Like most of you all, especially in this particular time in the world, we are counting on the money Amazon is holding on our behalf.

Thanks for the follow-up. What products do you sell? I am trying to get a clear picture of what is going on. We sell Smite and Banish to growers to fight mites and powdery mildew. We see a possible pattern here of what listings remain live on Amazon in our vertical. They are all distributed by the same national distributor. The vast majority of those listings are owned by that national distributor. When we type in search, all of those products are now at the top of the search results. It’s troubling to say the least.

It seems you have done exactly what we did and still had all listings removed. What is your next step? If you want to correspond directly with me, that’s fine. Let me know and we can speak on the phone or email direct. I am not sure if I can put an email address in this response. I am going to refrain from doing so because I want to stay in touch with everyone.

Thanks.

I spoke with someone Monday about the immediate disabling of 4 of my products. They said oh ya you are clear to sell those I’m not sure why those were flagged. Than today I get a message please submit registration numbers for the pesticide products. GRRRRRRR this amount of idiocy makes me want to flip my desk and turn into the incredible hulk.

Our company is Cedarcide. We are easy enough to find with a search.

Feel free to find a number and reach out. I don’t want to put anything on here that would get me kicked off.

I’m Dave.

@SupremeGrowers, I am selling wood preservatives and antimicrobial copper. All are EPA registered and (per law and Amazon policy) also registered in all 50 states.

I am only having difficulties with the wood preservatives, I had assumed that any issues would arise from the antimicrobial coppers (because of the whole coronavirus hysteria thing right now).

Go figure :thinking:

I’m also beginning to worry about the

"- Within 48 hours of this warning, please review your listings and close, delete, or archive any listings that do not comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and Amazon’s policies, including the product(s) listed above.
Please note that moving a restricted product listing to Inactive (Out of Stock) does not make the listing compliant. If you think your product was incorrectly identified as a restricted product on Amazon, close the listing immediately to ensure compliance while you appeal the restriction with Seller Support.

What happens if I fail to follow the above instructions?
Failure to properly close or delete all restricted product listings from your inventory may result in the deactivation of your selling account, and funds may be permanently held."

I have reached out to seller support, regarding this. Any suggestions and thoughts? I have a fear that deleting the listing will resolve the issue, i.e. it will be forever not registered. And, I have concerns about being able to relisting it if deleted.

We sell Avenger Organic Weed Killer, Bed Bug killer and organic fertilizer. All our listings but three were deleted. Trying to get answers and still move out my inventory!

I received the following response from Amazon Seller Support:

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I am contacting you regarding the reinstatement request of the ASIN: B0147OQQ84.

Our internal team has updated that, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations determine what products are considered pesticides and pesticide devices. Importantly, products that make any antimicrobial, antifungal, antibacterial, or other pesticidal claim (for example, products marketed to disinfect, repel insects, remove allergens, or prevent bacteria), may be considered pesticides or pesticide devices under EPA regulations, even if the products would not otherwise be considered pesticides or pesticide devices under the EPA’s definition of a pesticide. Your product(s) were reviewed under Amazon’s pesticide listing requirements either because they are primarily designed to prevent pests (for example, mole thumpers, electronic bug zapper) or because they make one or more pesticidal claim.

For more information, see https://www.epa.gov/pesticides. You can also see Amazon’s Pesticides and Pesticide Devices policy here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/help.html?itemID=202115120&language=en-US&ref=efph_202115120_cont_200164330&referral=A2X4ZPKJEL2MV4_A3P9YS9CWTFLWE

Please note that any listings that continue to make any pesticidal claims from any source will need to meet Amazon’s listing requirements for pesticides and pesticide devices. If all pesticidal claims about your product are removed, and the claims were the sole reason that the product was considered a pesticide or pesticide device, you may relist your product through Seller Central.

Non-US sellers are not eligible to list pesticide products in the U.S. store.

If you are a US seller and you wish to list products that are considered pesticides or pesticide devices under EPA regulations, you must obtain approval from Amazon by following the steps below:

1. In Seller Central, click the Inventory link and select, Add a Product.;
  2. Use one of the ASINs listed above (or any other pesticide or pesticide device).
  3. In the search results, click the Listing limitations apply; link across from the ASIN.
  4. Click the Request Approval button to start the training.
  5. Once redirected to Seller University, complete the training with an 80% or higher score.
  6. Once you have passed the training, click “Continue” from the Results page and click “Exit the Course.”
  7. Once redirected to the application workflow, check the box to agree to the Guaranty and click “Submit.”

Alternatively, you can click on this link https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/approvalrequest/restrictions/approve?asin=B07D2LBTP5 to start the training using a sample ASIN (you are under no obligation to list against this ASIN, but can use it to trigger an approval request), then complete steps 5 through 7 above.

You are required to complete the online training only once, even if you have offers on multiple products that are affected.

If you are no longer able to continue listing pesticides or pesticide devices and have inventory in FBA, you can find guidance for creating a Removal Order for return or disposal of your remaining FBA inventory here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/200280650?referral=A2X4ZPKJEL2MV4_A3P9YS9CWTFLWE.

To help us continually improve, we ask that you take a moment to complete our survey below to tell us about your experience with this specific interaction.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?

And my case was closed. Obviously as I completed the module successfully last year I don’t think this is a satisfactory answer. So I have asked that the case be reopened. I have mentioned in my request that per Amazon’s policy the module need only be completed once, but will retake the module, just in case this is a major foul-up on Amazon’s part.

Is there any chance that an Amazon moderator could look into this issue as well? I’m starting to not feel very loved by Amazon.

Further update, I am unable to take the module. Neither method provided by Seller Support will allow me to proceed, to the module. The link to the dummy product, regardless of how I fill out the product information will changes the finish button from grey to yellow and functional. When I try to add the ASIN as a product, a page shows saying, “this product is out of stock and we don’t know when it will be available”, there is no method for proceeding from that page either. Unless, I’m missing something.

Amazon

Mar 19, 2020 02:33 AM

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I understand your concern that you would like to reinstate the listing ASIN: B0042GQLG0. Let me address your concern.

We have raised this query to our internal team and as per their investigation, this product with the ASIN “B0042GQLG0” has been identified as an unregistered pesticide or a product that makes pesticidal claims and is unregistered. Amazon policy requires that pesticide products listed on Amazon.com must be registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or qualify for an exemption from registration.

To be considered for reinstatement, please provide the pesticide product’s EPA registration number or evidence of exemption from registration. Evidence of exemption from registration may include proof of state registration as an EPA-exempt product.

For information on how to register your product with the EPA, please see their guidance here: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/pesticide-registration-manual.

For information on EPA’s conditions for minimum risk pesticide products that are exempt from EPA registration, please see their guidance here: https://www.epa.gov/minimum-risk-pesticides/conditions-minimum-risk-pesticides.

For more information on Amazon’s policies for listing pesticides, please refer to the help page on Pesticides and Pesticide Devices: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/202115120?referral=A38HZAQ6NOXBY6_A4I2QRVFO77Q0.

If you still have any questions regarding the same issue or any other concern kindly do not hesitate to contact us back. We will be glad to assist you.

Have a great day!​

To help us continually improve, we ask that you take a moment to complete our survey below to tell us about your experience with this specific interaction.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?

Click here for yes:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/case-dashboard/hmd?p=A22HENABJYLF7M&c=6878423071&k=hy
Click here for no:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/case-dashboard/hmd?p=A22HENABJYLF7M&c=6878423071&k=hn

Thank you!

To view your case details, or respond, please click http://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/case-dashboard/view-case.html/ref=sc_cd_lobby_vc?caseID=6878423071

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. If you require additional support please contact us https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/contact-us

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

Abhishek A.
Amazon.com Seller Support

I woke up to this response this morning. Obviously not the response I was hoping for. The curious part is they keep calling it an unregistered pesticide. In all the emails they keep asking for the same thing…

To be considered for reinstatement, please provide the pesticide product’s EPA registration number or evidence of exemption from registration. Evidence of exemption from registration may include proof of state registration as an EPA-exempt product.

When I provided all of our state registrations, along with the knowledge that a bunch of states do not require any type of registration to include Texas where I am, I figured how could this go wrong? I’m blown away. This can’t possibly be the answer.

What avenues are left when the reasoning is so clearly flawed and doesn’t make sense?

This is of course becoming frustrating, we spend tens of thousands of dollars per year along with several hundred man hours to maintain the active registrations. And Amazon says, that it isn’t registered.

It literally takes under ten seconds to lookup an EPA registration https://iaspub.epa.gov/apex/pesticides/f?p=PPLS:1 [offsite link].

To get results:

Distributor Product Number: 64405-22-54471
Company Name: COPPER CARE WOOD PRESERVATIVES, INC,
P.O. Box: 707
City, State Zip: COLUMBUS, NE 686020707
First Registered Date: JUNE 13, 2012
Current Status (Date): Active (JUNE 13, 2012)
Section 3 (Related Registered Product): 64405-22, QNAP 2 COPPER NAPHTHENATE RTU
Restricted Use: See Section 3 (Related Registered Product)

Under current Status the product is “Active”, it isn’t like the process is confusing or complicated.

I know that for @The_Official_CedarCi with 25(b) exemption the process is a little less straightforward, but you still need an ingredients and the active will be on the @#%#ed list.

@Abraham_Amazon, or any other moderator, can you please, help explain what is going on or offer any guidance?

And now I have the dummy product ASIN B07D2LBTP5 from the stupid link in my inventory!!??

I don’t remember that happening last year. Am I remembering that right?

Update: I received the same message today as on March 19th, and the Seller Support case was closed again.

Can anybody help? Is there something that I don’t understand?