Action required to maintain pesticide listings on Amazon.com

Received the following message from Amazon seller-info@amazon.com

Dear Seller,

Amazon policy requires that pesticides listed on Amazon.com must be registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or qualify for an exemption from registration. You are offering, or have previously offered, products that are affected by this requirement, including for example:

{ASIN Removed}

Beginning February 1, 2020, Amazon will no longer accept new shipments of affected pesticides unless you provide Amazon with either an EPA registration number or evidence of exemption from registration for each affected product. Evidence of exemption from registration may include proof of state registration as an EPA-exempt product. You may provide this information through Selling Partner Support here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com%2Fcu%2Fcontact-us&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8d182a6b61714d26344908d7b0c83dfa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637172246382310031&sdata=bNR5TGGDB3IJXohOTmjjnpZYNj%2B8SVwgA%2FlS9tgYzM4%3D&reserved=0.

To continue your current offers on affected products with existing inventory after February 24, 2020, you will need to provide Amazon with either an EPA registration number or evidence of exemption from registration for each affected product. If we do not receive this information by February 24, 2020, your current offers on affected products may be removed.

If you have inventory of affected products in Amazon fulfillment centers, you can create a Removal Order for return or disposal of your remaining FBA inventory. Standard inventory removal fees will apply. You can find additional guidance for creating a Removal Order for return or disposal of your remaining FBA inventory here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fhelp%2Fexternal%2F200280650&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8d182a6b61714d26344908d7b0c83dfa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637172246382310031&sdata=Cr7Cad%2BP8RBpZXvAlEZdV0Lh%2FWYsYIgJWio0mQX84xE%3D&reserved=0.

For information on how to register your product with the EPA, please see their guidance here: https://www.epa.gov%2Fpesticide-registration%2Fpesticide-registration-manual&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8d182a6b61714d26344908d7b0c83dfa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637172246382310031&sdata=UqKeZ3i8kWzkyebw2XmVhzr4qPxCtiyEmJLTBKiZlS0%3D&reserved=0.

For information on EPA’s conditions for minimum risk pesticide products that are exempt from EPA registration, please see their guidance here: https://www.epa.gov%2Fminimum-risk-pesticides%2Fconditions-minimum-risk-pesticides&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8d182a6b61714d26344908d7b0c83dfa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637172246382310031&sdata=WWXO3nLNVz4ibDDjYTqJSKvQEGT39TVyD8aqySQ5SSQ%3D&reserved=0.

For more information on Amazon’s policies for listing pesticides, please refer to the help page on Pesticides and Pesticide Devices: https://sellercentral.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fhelp%2F202115120&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8d182a6b61714d26344908d7b0c83dfa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637172246382320036&sdata=uVjJrH%2BWNo6NVSTypkCJtXYyXzxIAsUptC19ERSYHz4%3D&reserved=0.

Regards,
Amazon Services

I think this is a great idea and would be happy to enter the EPA Registration Number. In fact I have it posted prominently in the listing description already voluntarily, and have uploaded a PDF of the EPA label to the listing under the “User Guide” link under “Technical Specifications”. I’m a fairly technologically inclined guy but I can’t figure out where to enter the EPA reg#. The link to Selling Partner Support, isn’t very helpful.

Any suggestions?

Appealing restricted product that is wrongfully labelled a pesticide
Epa registration
Amazon Pesticide "enforcement"
PCRP restricted?

@The_Sawle_Mill

We rec’d a similar message. All I have deduced is we file a case and give Seller Support the EPA#. I don’t find any link or section in any of the Get Help categories singled out for EPA data.

Assume one files a case Help>Get Support>Selling on Amazon>Products-Listings and then pick a sub-category we think applies… “Investigate Other…”. perhaps. Another mystery to solve. :confused:

Thanks @Direct_HiT, I did the same thing. If I get a satisfactory resolution, I will update the topic. As I hope you will.

Maybe, we can get a mod like @Pax_Amazon, to chime in too. We can’t be the only sellers to receive the message and I’m sure that on Feb 24th, everyone else effected will be looking for the solution. Just like with the Pesticide training module role out.

Have you looked to see if there is a field in the product file to upload?

There is not.

Does the first link in the email take you somewhere? May need to wait a day or two. Let the left hand of Amazon catch up to what the right hand said.

The first link directs the browser to Amazon Seller Central’s Help Contact Us page (see screenshot in initial post). The second is FBA removal, the 3rd & 4th are epa.gov site pages and the final is Amazon policy pages that have no mention of EPA registration number upload requirements.

The annoying part is for 4 years I have just put the reg# into the product details to comply with EPA marketing requirements. Finally, Amazon creates (allegedly) a specific data field for it and I can’t figure it out. Since the 24th is only ten(10) days away, I would really like to get this resolved sooner rather than later. Hopefully, the # will get displayed directly beneath the trade name, for best compliance and be searchable. I’m actually really glad that Amazon is doing this. However, I’m either really dense or Amazon’s rollout and implementation has a little room for improvement (All things being equal, I would prefer that this be an Amazon bug).

Following.

Update: This is the response that I received from the case that I have opened with seller support,

Amazon

Feb 13, 2020 07:43 PM

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

In order to add the EPA Registration number upload an image of the product labeling for {redacted} that shows the EPA registration number.

Along with that I request you to also update the product description with EPA registration number.

We donot have specific attribute for EPA registration number and the above process has to be followed.

I believe this addresses your concern

To help us continually improve, we ask that you take a moment to complete our survey below to tell us about your experience with this specific interaction.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?

Click here for yes:
{link removed}
Click here for no:
{link removed}

Thank you!

To view your case details, or respond, please click {link removed}

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. If you require additional support please contact us https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/contact-us

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

John T.
Amazon.com Seller Support

MORE WAYS TO GET HELP:
Visit our Seller Forums for help from other sellers: http://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums
Browse all Seller Help topics: http://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help

To contact us again about this issue, please use the Contact Us form in Seller Central using the following link:

{link removed}

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

As stated previously, I am already doing this (and more). The initial email (see original post) is in conflict with the answer provided by seller support, which coupled with automated process (lovingly referred to in these forums as bots) leaves me concerned that on February 25th my offering will be negatively impacted (removed). Or worse my account suspended, for violation. So I will attempt to take this further.

Again if anyone else receives a different response, please add to this for everyone’s (but especially my) benefit.

Pesticide Registration 25b

Update 2/17/2020

I have received the following Amazon Seller Support message in response to my follow-up with Seller Support:

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I understand your concern regarding the EPA registration for the ASIN: {removed}.

I have done my due research and see that the ASIN: {removed} has no pesticide gating now and your offers for the same are active.

Please see the below link to confirm the same:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0147OQQ84/?seller=A3B3P9ACMBMFD7&ref=myi_listid_offer

I would like to inform you that you dont have to enter the EPA number as the ASIN is active.

However if you face any issues in the future you can always write to us and we will assist you.

To help us continually improve, we ask that you take a moment to complete our survey below to tell us about your experience with this specific interaction.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?

This is getting ridiculous. Of course my product is a pesticide and it should be gated as a pesticide! This is blowing my mind!

@Oneida_Books, @Cecilia_Amazon, @DannyS Maybe one of you would kindly tell me what I am doing wrong? All I want to do is enter the EPA registration # prior to 2/24 in accordance with the initial directive. Now my product has no pesticide gating (When it absolutely should)!!?

Any update on this issue?

The 24th of February has come and gone and my product is still live and orders are still coming in.

The same is true for me products. However, I received a new notification for a March 16th deadline. I am guessing history will repeat itself here.

Hi @GNS_Products_1993 (and @The_Sawle_Mill)

I’m curious if you saw any changes to your inventory today after the March 16 deadline. We have been receiving similar emails and have tried to take every preventative action available to us (Our products do NOT require registration with the EPA, and we have submitted all relevant documentation).

Today we came in to find multiple ASINS stranded and the listings are “Restricted”

Any updates from your end? Thanks

March 16th has arrived. My product is now a ‘dog page’. YAY!

I have reached out to seller support, their initial response was the canned you can/must fix the issue using link to the Seller supports loop help page (the one without any way to contact seller support).

I have responded referencing my Feb case and including again the EPA reg# and links to the label on manufacturers website and attachment of the product label as a PDF.

Hello,

We received the same message from Amazon at the beginning of February and provided our EPA #s and all other pertinent information. Our products are now dog pages. Any help here?

We have also been hit with this despite having previously provided all documentation and evidence that our product is not a pesticide. First case opened by restricted products search tool came back already and they confirmed. Escalated that case through my Brand Registry support and now I pray.

Add us to the list of those affected by this. Our product is not a pesticide and should not be categorized as such. I ran into this last year and they required us to take the training to be reinstated. We filed appeals afterwards to have the pesticide flag removed as it doesn’t apply, but never heard anything back.

Last week I received an email that the product needed to be updated with the EPA registration #, so we called again to confirm and were told that everything was okay and that it was just an email sent to anyone that took the training last year for any products.

Checked today (the 16th, the day they said it would get pulled) and now it’s a dog page. Submitted a case and it was already rejected.

Looks like all of us are in a similar boat.

We opened MULTIPLE cases with sellercentral and through our Brand Registry dashboard, desperately looking for clarification on where to send supporting documents to…and no one ever gave us a clear answer.

Ultimately, we submitted dozens of attached files through an open sellercentral case (you can only submit 6 attachments per message, so you can imagine how tedious that was). We do NOT need EPA registration, so we were submitting SDS sheets and label .pdfs as evidence.

This morning 11 of our ASINS were taken down and the FBA inventory is stranded. We finally got in touch with a decent SellerCentral person and they opened up a case with the “Restricted Products Team” and set it to the highest priority (who even knows if they are actually taking those actions).

Everyone we have spoken with sounds incredibly confused by our situation. The last person I spoke with said that there used to be a Pesticide team that would handle these situations, and he was very confused as to why our emails were directing people to sellercentral for help.

Does anyone know if helpful people we can tag in this thread to bring more attention to it?

After submitting to Seller Support the EPA REG#, and a link to the manufacturers hosted EPA label, and attaching a copy of the EPA registration label. I received the following email from seller-info@amazon.com,> " Hello from Amazon,

We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:

ASIN: B0147OQQ84, SKU: CCWP-1090-1GAL, Title: "Tenino Copper Naphthenate (2% as metal) - 1 Gallon - Wood Preservative"
ASIN: B07QTD5JWW, SKU: YS-Q93J-W1T4, Title: "Tenino (case of 6) Copper Naphthenate (2% as metal) - 1 Gallon - Wood Preservative"

This product has been identified as an unregistered pesticide or a product that makes pesticidal claims and is unregistered. Amazon policy requires that pesticide products listed on Amazon.com must be registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or qualify for an exemption from registration.

To be considered for reinstatement, please provide the pesticide product’s EPA registration number or evidence of exemption from registration. Evidence of exemption from registration may include proof of state registration as an EPA-exempt product."

I’m now at a complete loss, on how to proceed. Hopefully someone smarter than me will have a suggestion.